IGNORED

How do they do it?

spunktronics

anyone got any info on how autechre put together their tracks?

specially draft 7.30? was it all programmed bit by bit? what software/hardware they use on it?

i've read most of the interview but they tend to stay away from the nitty gritty infos..

cheers

If you're not prepared to read the 'nitty gritty' parts of interviews then why the fudge would you want to read anything worthwhile on here?

Guest tbio2007

Well mate, the people on these boards hear that question so much they have developed a competetion to see who can come up with the most wittiest answer, anyway nowadays its all software mate, if you read their wiki page it's call referenced on there.

Guest Drahken
Well mate, the people on these boards hear that question so much they have developed a competetion to see who can come up with the most wittiest answer, anyway nowadays its all software mate, if you read their wiki page it's call referenced on there.

I got the impression from their recent interviews they focus more on hardware manipulation than complicated software setups now.

Guest derekgray
anyone got any info on how autechre put together their tracks?

However the fuck they feel like it. That's probably the most truthful answer anyone can give you.

I got the impression from their recent interviews they focus more on hardware manipulation than complicated software setups now.

yes, exactly. more hardware than software, maybe some editing on a computer.

i heard that draft 7.30 was sequenced by hand and some of the sounds were made by throwing logs in the backyard. on a related note, i think alot of the sounds on autechre albums are found sounds manipulated to fuck.

yes, exactly. more hardware than software, maybe some editing on a computer.

i heard that draft 7.30 was sequenced by hand and some of the sounds were made by throwing logs in the backyard. on a related note, i think alot of the sounds on autechre albums are found sounds manipulated to fuck.

yea a reasonalbe answer i thought i wouldnt see one on here!!! thanks

Guest burnibus

To replicate that ae sound simply buy:

Elektron Machine drum

Elektron monomachine

MPC1000

Bitstream 3x controller

Nord G2 engine

and you will instantly have the perfect ae replica

Or it will sound absolutely nothing like it cos it aint really about software / hardware. you decide.

not a bad gamble though the above will only cost you about £3500 brand new and if you get it right you could be making almost 10 times that in record sales.

If this doesnt work however dont lose faith go to the north face shop and buy all the outdoor persuits clothing they have and try again.

from a construction standpoint (and this is all purely speculation) it seems to me that they create their tracks in chunks of 20 seconds to a few minutes long, then play them and sort of dj them together, with live mixing and processing and added melody parts. I could be totally wrong in thinking this but that is the feel I get when I listen to them.

Archived