IGNORED

NEW AE EP

Guest Rook

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aww man, the last track fucking kicks ass!!!!!!! Really unexpected. I absolutely love it when they let their hip hop and techno sides come through, really sounds great. I dig the other tune as well, great beat, but the last track rocks.

I find it hard to believe that AE has much of a say as to what is put on "exclusive" japanese extras or whatever. Blyz Castl sounds like them goofing around. I have never heard them so obviously use presets before. Very strange.

Presets on what, exactly? The synth sounds here all sound like the usual Ae faire, as do the drums, so I'm not sure where you're getting it from that they're "obviously" using presets. Can you elaborate on this point?

The synth sounds are not presents, and some are actually pretty interesting I think. But I have the same drum machine as Sean Booth. And plenty of the sounds are just included factory presents in the ROM machine. This track sounds like him just screwing around with them. It is strange because that is very un-autechre. If I have time later today, I will post a short clip of the samples I am talking about, so you can hear what I am talking about.

Assuming you are referring to the Elektron Machinedrum? Admittedly, I'm not too familiar with the presets there. And I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to use the presents on a drum machine. After all, Ae have done plenty of tracks with the Roland TR machines, and nobody raises a stink when they recognize those hits.

yea, i also have machinedrum and monomachine, and i don't think that is something uncool to use machine samples and tweak them up!

@rook: you recognize this because you have those machines, and you don't recognize the other stuff, because you don't have them, neither do i, simple as that! :)

yea, i also have machinedrum and monomachine, and i don't think that is something uncool to use machine samples and tweak them up!

@rook: you recognize this because you have those machines, and you don't recognize the other stuff, because you don't have them, neither do i, simple as that! :)

That's the thing though, they aren't tweaked. I noticed that in your sig it says that you have the MKII machinedrum? Did you have the original UW? I am not sure if the included ROM samples are the same, but on my older version, the sounds are exactly the same as they are in the third track. Just with reverb added.

rook, you mention your music gear sometimes here. do you have a website or myspace page where i can listen to your music?

cheers.

no. But I will have a track on the Metropolis soundtrack thing. Probably made entirely with elektron gear.

That's the thing though, they aren't tweaked. I noticed that in your sig it says that you have the MKII machinedrum? Did you have the original UW? I am not sure if the included ROM samples are the same, but on my older version, the sounds are exactly the same as they are in the third track. Just with reverb added.

yes i have the mk2, but i deleted the rom samples, because i need the space to put my samples :)

Guest burnibus

if you are just talking about the drums sounds themselves and not the patterns they are in i dont really see the problem. Here. If they are playing a preset break beat simply hitting play well yeah that sucks but if they are arranging preset sounds then surely thats ok.

Its like saying " well buddy rich was rubbish as he used the preset drums sounds". its how you play the instruments that counts.

I too really like this last tune its groovy as hell.

It's kinda funny it's almost like listening to an instrumental album and going, "oh ffs that's so obviously a drum kit". Admittedly I wouldn't be too gone on someone who never really experimented with their sound, but autechre are the business when it comes to that, so it's fair enough if they want to do that. I wonder if this is the track for the Elektron compilation?

It's kinda funny it's almost like listening to an instrumental album and going, "oh ffs that's so obviously a drum kit". Admittedly I wouldn't be too gone on someone who never really experimented with their sound, but autechre are the business when it comes to that, so it's fair enough if they want to do that. I wonder if this is the track for the Elektron compilation?

the autechre track on the elektron comp is different.

Guest Enter a new display name
It seems Blyz Castl is the only real new track on this by the way, isn't that kind of retarded?

Yeah, I didn't give a shit about IO (mons) and 96-43-963-2342.

Archived