IGNORED

Recent purchases thread---

YEK

Guest Tamas

Roland MC 505, have yet to read the manual though, so it's quite useless to me currently.

When I move back to Vancouver I plan to buy some gear, mainly a mixing desk of some sort, monitor speakers and a nice synth, not sure what kind though. I'm pretty excited!!

Nord Modular (G1) - been wanting since 1998, it will never be behind the times imo. Finally got one a couple weeks ago. Haven't made any music since. Just been noodling around.

Guest analogue wings
Nord Modular (G1) - been wanting since 1998, it will never be behind the times imo. Finally got one a couple weeks ago. Haven't made any music since. Just been noodling around.

:whistling:

The music will come. It's the best thing ever.

I recently purchased the complete Bill of Materials for x0xb0x construction (yes including the rare bits).

Oddly, the rare bits arrived first, the knobs and buttons are in transit, and my order of a bunch of normal bland old transistors and resistors is still awaiting shipment at Mouser.

:whistling:

yah...strangley vaz modular was the second synth (1st was tx802) I ever owned and I didn't have this prob. Not sure whats going on. And I've had the g2 demo since it came out, and used it a lot in songs. BUt i just can't stop noodling.

The music will come. It's the best thing ever.

I recently purchased the complete Bill of Materials for x0xb0x construction (yes including the rare bits).

Oddly, the rare bits arrived first, the knobs and buttons are in transit, and my order of a bunch of normal bland old transistors and resistors is still awaiting shipment at Mouser.

Yeah i was about to mention on ekt that x0x box people are not making them anymore as of later this year I believe.

So wait...you purchased a list? Or made it yourself...or just got the schematics and ordered all the bits yourself...*confused*

So wait...you purchased a list? Or made it yourself...or just got the schematics and ordered all the bits yourself...*confused*

Purchased a list, they have the full bill of materials up at the site, and you can buy the circuit boards from them. They just aren't sourcing any more kits for the waiting list anymore. It's still entirely possible to build your own kit. Mine came in right at regular x0x money, plus a little bit of shipping (I think about $350 total).

There's about $80 in rare bits, then digikey.com sells the buttons/knobs/dials, mouser.com sells the common reisistors etc (although theyre aparently slower than dirt at fucking shipping), and ladyada will continue to sell the circuit boards and front panels.

• 2 years later...

grave digga!

i just picked up this boss drum machine for 80 bucks, they're going for around 200 on ebay. i'm going to use it to record into acid pro

BOSS%20DR-3%20sm.jpg

just purchased Aalto, the world's first virtual synthesizer that emulates the buchla 200e series. shit is pretty amazing. mac only

the video doesn't really do it justice but since i can't much else to post ill post it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9rJIilSBso&feature=player_embedded

the sequencer is self oscillating just like on a real buchla, which is a nice addition.

been meaning to check out that aalto stuff. thanks for reminding me even though it's been put out officially pretty recently methinks.

just purchased Aalto, the world's first virtual synthesizer that emulates the buchla 200e series. shit is pretty amazing. mac only

the video doesn't really do it justice but since i can't much else to post ill post it

the sequencer is self oscillating just like on a real buchla, which is a nice addition.

FUck yes. I've been keeping track of this one for awhile. I cant wait for the PC version!

FUck yes. I've been keeping track of this one for awhile. I cant wait for the PC version!

Yeah, my curiosity has been piqued by this one also. I'll be crossing my fingers for PC version also. I wonder if anyone will do anything musically interesting with it or whether it will lead to a further upsurge in modular-wanking. Like just about 99.99% of all videos on YouTube that feature a modular synth.

• 2 years later...

Finally got me a Roland Alpha Juno 1. For peanuts!

jealous !.. I've checked this auction several times with envy in the last past days but I don't have the balls to go for it. I'm intending to look for one next month though as I'll have cleared a couple of money / work stuff. How did you get yours ?

Archived