IGNORED

POLE - 1 + 2 + 3 REISSUE

Guest telikan

Guest telikan

http://www.scape-music.de//Release/details/scape/scape54

OH SHIT. Now personally I thought dudes were going a little overboard losing their shit over the Gas reissues, because I think that only represents a small portion of the amazing music coming out at that time. There were many releases within the field that get overlooked, and are somewhat easier to come by still, but less people care because it's not GAS. I mean, baby brother was doing something equally astonishing (actually more, imo) with the Sturm albums, but nobody's compiling that. I don't think it'd whip anyone into a mild frenzy if they did.

Now the Pole trilogy ain't overlooked, but goddammit if it's not a brilliantly condensed oeuvre of consistently amazing tracks. Beginning, middle, and end, each as good as the last. There's something magic about these albums, and I think that was sadly made more proven in contrast to the 2003 S/T. Seriously, this shit is like the Man with No Name trilogy. And the fucked up Waldorf is Clint, and he's just there every time in a different incarnation, and the only thing that changes is the color of the album. Or whatever.

I thought of how cool is would be to have this: http://www.discogs.com/release/781103

And now you can actually buy it. No more crappy Matador jewel cases.

Guest Soothsayer

Cool for the bonus tracks, and don't hate me Pole-obsessives, but isn't this a bit unnecessary? Seems like most folks who would like these records already know about/have them, and what kinda mastering jobs could you do to it? Remove 10% of the intentional crackle?

edit: with that said, I fucking love(and already own) Pole 3, so to those who haven't checked it out...gets my recommendation.

Guest Globe

I'll be needing this alright... was only introduced to Pole in the last few months when I got the Steingarten Remixes CD which I love, whats the original Steingarten like actually?

Guest telikan

Well I think the main draw is for completists like me who want things in a nice uniform box. Rather than mismatched editions and formats.

cuz y'know it's a trilogy, and should be had as such.

Guest Hanratty

I already have 1 and 2. I had 3 at one point and somehow lost it or sold it. It didn't seem as good as 1 and 2. I'll pass on this one. It seems like every decent electronica album is being reissued this year.

I won't be buying this, as i already have all three, but it's good to see some focus back on these releases. i loved em then, and i'll revisit them now

how is GAS not overlooked? I mean on the release page you had just about everyone talking about how they only heard bits in passing. I bet 90% of this messageboard still doesnt give a shit about GAS.

That said, Pole is interesting...its not as calming as GAS(which was the appeal to me), but Id be up for giving it a go again...its been a while.

I bet 90% of this messageboard still doesnt give a shit about GAS.

sadly this is true. 90% just give a shit about aphex,boc and the rest of the warp gang...and/or breakcore :(

much deserved recognition!

these records are genius.....

any dubstep fan who hasn't heard these is incomplete..........

• 3 weeks later...
Guest telikan

Oh shit, I pre-ordered this at Amazon, where it wasn't slated for shipment until August 5th, and even Boomkat had July 25th, but I just got my shipping notice!

edit: nevermind, I ordered something else along with it, and even though I picked the super saver shipment which requires everything to be grouped, they decided to be nice and ship the other thing separately free of charge.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Globe

Pre-ordered this yesterday on boomkat and got notification today that it has shipped! Look forward to this one.

i found this in a store the other day so i bought it. it's pretty radical but the case design is wack. loose cardboard-- don't let those precious remastered CDs fall out!

• 4 months later...
Guest the televisor

I bought this reissue, i can only listen to like 10 seconds, it sounds so compressed and processed, like theres a constant hard airy sound on every track it hurts my ears, every song is a fuckin brain rape.

Anyone else have this problem?

Guest the televisor

to me its unlistenable, you dont notice until like 10 - 20seconds into it the pressure starts to build up, then when u turn it off your ears feels relieved.

I would upload a clip but:

Upload failed. You are not permitted to upload this type of file

Archived