IGNORED

AFX - Konklaver

Guest The David

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why would he? (pure speculation) He's probably not going to make much releasing an album.

The only reason I could see would be to take maybe a break even or small loss on an album and cash in on the publicity related commercial/remix offers which are a better bet than spending the time and loot to put out music just for a bunch of pimply faced teenage wankers and 39 year old hack imitators on forums to download and trash.

This is the problem with this website. Aphex isn't some weird niche shit that no-one knows about outside of watmm. He's a musical institution.

He's been releasing records for the last 20 years, he's not going to stop. This konklaver thing is blatantly bollox, its a pisstake. I'm sure we'll see some new aphex before the years out though.

Just got the promo 12" in the mail today. Sounds very lush. He takes the concepts from Federation Trough and puts a new spin on it. I'll upload a short clip for you all ;)

afx.mp3

I like this :rhubear1::rhubear2::rhubear3:

If this is a fake then its a really good one, it doesn't sound like an '18yr old kid using a fucking computer' to me.

Guest tv_party
Why would he? (pure speculation) He's probably not going to make much releasing an album.

The only reason I could see would be to take maybe a break even or small loss on an album and cash in on the publicity related commercial/remix offers which are a better bet than spending the time and loot to put out music just for a bunch of pimply faced teenage wankers and 39 year old hack imitators on forums to download and trash.

This is the problem with this website. Aphex isn't some weird niche shit that no-one knows about outside of watmm. He's a musical institution.

He's been releasing records for the last 20 years, he's not going to stop. This konklaver thing is blatantly bollox, its a pisstake. I'm sure we'll see some new aphex before the years out though.

Of course I recognize that he still has a presence in the musical landscape. What I'm saying is that sites like this probably give the illusion of more popularity than there actually is. In addition to that half the people that would have bought such a release before p2p became ubiquitous would probably just download it.

Just rambling speculation. Wasn't too into the analord/tuss style stuff so I hope I'm wrong and it's worth it for him because I'm curious to hear what else the dudes been up to.

if you cant tell the difference betwen a tipper record and a afx record then you have something wrong with your ears

seconded. tipper sounds NOTHING FUCKING LIKE Aphex. there are a worryingly high proportion of people who are labouring under the delusion they sound similar or that Tipper might actually be Aphex. I'm sorry but all these people are fucking idiots.

if you cant tell the difference betwen a tipper record and a afx record then you have something wrong with your ears

seconded. tipper sounds NOTHING FUCKING LIKE Aphex. there are a worryingly high proportion of people who are labouring under the delusion they sound similar or that Tipper might actually be Aphex. I'm sorry but all these people are fucking idiots.

the only way tipper could actually be afx is if afx had the funkgland surgically removed from his brain(dance)

Guest hahathhat
Of course I recognize that he still has a presence in the musical landscape. What I'm saying is that sites like this probably give the illusion of more popularity than there actually is. In addition to that half the people that would have bought such a release before p2p became ubiquitous would probably just download it.

Just rambling speculation. Wasn't too into the analord/tuss style stuff so I hope I'm wrong and it's worth it for him because I'm curious to hear what else the dudes been up to.

1) i know many people that don't follow electronic music actively, but if i tell them aphex dropped some new shit they'd have it ordered before sundown. music industry hasn't gone to the wolves yet.

2) i p2p'd analord. sorry, richard: if you saw how shit my turntable was, you'd understand. you're lucky you're able to pull precious $$ away from music gear, you got a tank a bank and hot girlfriends, i think you'll live.

3) i don't care what he puts out next, except a) LP plz, no more of this "2-6 trax a release" stuff, it's like i'm told my mates got a stripper for my birthday and i find out it's a midget, and b) not another 26 mixes for cash

I'm yet to be familiar with Tippers work and perhaps the rest of his material doesn't sound anything like RDJ but that snippet does sound an incy wincey little bit like some of the stuff on Rushup edge which why I suppose it was used as a red herring (fooled me although i could tell it was a pros work for sure).

Anyhowz I’m off to get Relish the Trough, fuck this Kockluver bollox! :tongue:

from email:

CAT200 is konklaver

it is a compilation of pHaked tracks

it will be the "last" release on repHlex records which is shutting up shop after konklaver (just like clone) :(

stuff will come out on MEN though :)

including

MEN003 -------- ceaphex ______________________"Baddowism" _____________________________________12"

MEN004 -------- RJGD_________________________ "buckyballs" ______________________________________12" x2

MEN005 -------- Norwegian Lover________________ "Norway Norway" / "My House On The Nidelva" _________12"

MEN006 ---------The Tuss ______________________"Minack Miner" ____________________________________12"

also the MEN website looks exacly like the rephlex one except it has blue screen and white ink

from email:

CAT200 is konklaver

it will be the "last" release on repHlex records which is shutting up shop after konklaver (just like clone) :(

including

MEN003 -------- ceaphex ______________________"Baddowism" _____________________________________12"

MEN004 -------- RJGD_________________________ "buckyballs" ______________________________________12" x2

MEN005 -------- Norwegian Lover________________ "Norway Norway" / "My House On The Nidelva" _________12"

MEN006 ---------The Tuss ______________________"Minack Miner" ____________________________________12"

also the MEN website looks exacly like the rephlex one except it has blue screen and white ink

sounds wicked, sign me up.

from email:

CAT200 is konklaver

including

is this real?

Archived