IGNORED

lost season 5

jedy

so next season they could bring all dead characters back to life?

DRIVESHAFT REUNION TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, I kept hoping the members of Driveshaft were in the box.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest catsonearth

"if i never meet you, i'll never have to lose you!"

*tear

*violin swell

*barfs in mouth

:rolleyes:

so what's up guys? seen battlestar much? jeeeesus! the rip offs are coming at breakneck speed at this point.

i hope next season says "fuck off" to the entire original cast and just focuses strictly on jacob/richard/mystery dude/the statue/the temples/etc. i doubt it, but it'd be a hell of a lot more interesting that way. most of the losties are just dead weight at this point.

my guess is that jacob and mystery man are from some other timeline and therefore cannot die or age in this one except by some crazy loophole? or maybe they're immortal gods of some sort. i dunno. i don't really care that much, honestly, i'd just like to see how the hell they're going to bring all of this together. alls i know is that i care a lot more about what happened in the islands distant past and distant future than i care about what they're showing me now.

wow, they bothered to remember that rose and bernard were characters on the show...how nice of them.

when they rolled locke's body out of the box they showed a glimpse of his hand and i swear it looked like a black guy's hand...i thought they were about to bring back mr. eko. now THAT would have been badass. the fact that it was locke was just like....oh hey, another battlestar ripoff moment a la starbuck.

all-in-all, this season was really interesting conceptually, but really fucking terrible in execution. hopefully next season will be better, but who are we kidding here? we all know it'll be more of the same. i'd love to see them turn things around and totally rock it in the final stretch, but i just don't think they have it in them. they're struggling as it is to write stuff that should be totally easy to pull off. the more complicated things get, the more they're going to reveal their flaws. i'm just going to hope that the concepts will be strong enough to make it all worthwhile.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i heard a theory that jacob has no power on the island. he can only brign people to the island and if he chooses them well then he hope they do what he wants. the other guy (samual) has all the power on the island.

kind of makes sense. jacob is hiding away whilst smokey fucks shit up

lostpedia on jacobs rival:

The casting call described him as "Samuel. Any ethnicity, 40s-60s. A corporate raider looking to take over his next company. Powerful, devious and obtuse. He has a cunning intellect and a strong sense of danger. May lead to recurring. Looking for someone very interesting and very special for this role...

may? so we might never see him again?

i think Jacob and anti-Jacob are aliens fucking with the human race for their own amusement. of course they could just be god and satan as the red herrings suggest, but which is which?

wait so let me get this straight they are doing flashbacks flash fowards AND actual time travel? do they clearly explain to the viewer when each one of these is happening or is it intentionally left confusing?

i dunno. i don't really care that much, honestly, i'd just like to see how the hell they're going to bring all of this together. a

one of the best possible endings they can do at this point is pull an X-files where only a handful of people actually survived the crash and fell into a giant underground hallucinogenic mushroom that is slowing devouring them

wait so let me get this straight they are doing flashbacks flash fowards AND actual time travel? do they clearly explain to the viewer when each one of these is happening or is it intentionally left confusing?

You can tell.

i quite liked finally being introduced to jacob/his flashbacks.....but being killed in the same episode? was a bit anti-climatic. especially combined with the fact we now know it wasnt jacob in the cabin back in season 3 (?)

i guess i liked the episode, liked season 5 in general, excited for what exactly is going to happen in season 6...but man it makes some of the previous seasons a waste of time (rewatching seasons 2,3,4 knowing that ben is just bullshitting is gonna be tough =\)

from a story telling POV, what was the point in having sayid shot? lol @ jack (aka, THE DOCTOR) leaving sayid to go get beat up by sawyer for 10 minutes, returning, then leaving again to shoot some dharma/drop a bomb.

of course jacob's enemy = fake locke

Guest awkwardsilence
btw, wasn't jacob jack's father???

Jack's father told whoever talked to him in the cabin that, "No, I'm not Jacob, but I speak on his behalf". And knowing now how Jacob's Enemy Darkhaired Guy takes control of dead people, things point to it being him all the time, manipulating people by posing as Jacob/Jacob's messenger, to pull a real switcheroo on the actual Jacob.

Is it just me though, or is "Jacob's cabin" the house Bernard and Rose built? The picture on the wall of the dog is Vincent, as an old dog?

yeah I noticed the dog painting....

not sure what it means, but I am not what most of the show means....

and this is why I keep watching....

thanks for the link man!

Yes, I just watched the show again and think it is one of the best.....

Bernard and Rose have the right mindset but the plot would suffer if it went in the direction that they have gone...

but what I want is...

A Vincent-centric episode!

Guest awkwardsilence

Yeah, the Robinson Bernard and Rose part was just great. They've got the right idea. I mean:

800px-Santa_Bernard.png

Wasn't the guy that played Jacob the assassin on Mulholland Dr.? Pretty sure it's the same actor.

yeas he is, also:

Patrick-Fischler-Mulholland-Dr.4.jpg

oh wow i totally missed that one. knew him as the comedian from madmen.

did anyone noticed locke's nice tits!?!?!

fuck yeah! want to see locke(or at least his form) in a wet Tshirt!

:embrassed:

Is it just me though, or is "Jacob's cabin" the house Bernard and Rose built? The picture on the wall of the dog is Vincent, as an old dog?

I thought the same thing, but i vaguely remember an episode where they showed that the cabin was built by some dharma guy.

maybe there were 2 cabins? fuck you lost.

the dog painting (PAINTING) can't be vincent. someone find a screenshot

also did the white light at the end of the episode represent a hydrogen bomb going off or another time skip due to the release of "pocket of energy"??

Didn't think of that. Nice one.

I was actually hoping for either Jack or Sawyer to be killed in the season finale, and I was on the edge of my seat when they were beating the shit out of each other, because I was thinking, "this is it!"... and then no. It's as if they haven't got the balls to actually kill anyone any longer. Juliette should have died falling, but then instead they make her into a hero by making her detonate the bomb (or whatever happened) instead of just killing her. Come on, grow a pair.

But overall, I really liked this episode. Why can't all Lost episodes be like this? It had it all.

Oh, and great seeing Bernard and Rose again.

EDIT: About Locke... Could his black and white eyes refer to the good and evil Locke?

mzg2mdbjzwy5mjzmogm3mzu5zje4owrhnmi2mgmy

EDIT 2: Also, is Rose and Bernard's cabin Jacob's Cabin?

Archived