Aphex Twin - Red

Autechre - Metallic grey

Boards of Canada - Turquoise

Cylob - Brown

Luke Vibert - Rephlex green

µ-Ziq - Blue

Plaid - White

Squarepusher - Pink

Aphex should be reddish yellow ochre, like the skin tone on RDJ album and the piano mallet colour on drukqs.

Autechre should be grey, like untilted, and the proper version of Quaristice.

BOC should obviously be turquoise. I mean, if you google turquoise, BOC is the forth search result.

Cylob should be some kind of blue, like his albums tend to be, I guess.

µ-Ziq should be orange, like lunatic harness.

I like black for Squarepusher, but pink is also possible.

Plaid should go with whatever is left, I suppose. I guess that is yellow or purple.

Guest JohnTqs
those colors mentioned are not subtle enough for the IDM color palette.

AFX- 26 mixes for cash tan

Ae- untilted grey or tri rep "color"

BOC- MHTRTC green

Cylob - Format Potaton blue

Vibert- Sorry I make you lush green

µ-ziq- bilious paths yellow

Plaid - double figure blue

Squarepusher - hard normal daddy fruity pink

yeah do that

Guest Kenneth172
As work on WATMM continues (no, really), I was toying with the idea of assigning a colour to each featured artist on the site, as a visual cue that you're looking at a particular artists' content. Sort of a take on the old WARP website, but more subtle - no large blocks of colour splashed everywhere, just muted hints that indicate this is a particular artists' area/content on WATMM. It's not an original idea by any means, but if implemented right, could be a very distinctive feature of WATMM.

So, if you had to assign a colour to each, what would they be (hex codes for the colours are helpful, or just a name of a colour will suffice). I have my own ideas, but I was curious to what you lot assigned them.

Aphex Twin

Autechre

Boards of Canada

Cylob

Luke Vibert

µ-Ziq

Plaid

Squarepusher

OK, see attached image for my suggestions (please take into account my colour blindedness). :angry:

Each colour is a web colour by the way Joyrex.

post-3711-1235053931_thumb.jpg

Guest Kenneth172

As I said in the previous post, each colour is a web colour. You can load the above image into Photoshop (or other graphics progs, there are even free ones you can download to do this). In Photoshop you can use what is known as the 'Eyedropper Tool' to get the hex code.

Hell, I'll even save you the trouble:

Aphex: #666633

Autechre: #999999

Boards of Canada: #339999

Cylob: #cc6600

Vibert: #666699

µ-Ziq: #cc9933

Plaid: #660000

Squarepusher: #000033

Happy now?

As work on WATMM continues (no, really), I was toying with the idea of assigning a colour to each featured artist on the site, as a visual cue that you're looking at a particular artists' content. Sort of a take on the old WARP website, but more subtle - no large blocks of colour splashed everywhere, just muted hints that indicate this is a particular artists' area/content on WATMM. It's not an original idea by any means, but if implemented right, could be a very distinctive feature of WATMM.

So, if you had to assign a colour to each, what would they be (hex codes for the colours are helpful, or just a name of a colour will suffice). I have my own ideas, but I was curious to what you lot assigned them.

Aphex Twin

Autechre

Boards of Canada

Cylob

Luke Vibert

µ-Ziq

Plaid

Squarepusher

OK, see attached image for my suggestions (please take into account my colour blindedness). :angry:

Each colour is a web colour by the way Joyrex.

As I said in the previous post, each colour is a web colour. You can load the above image into Photoshop (or other graphics progs, there are even free ones you can download to do this). In Photoshop you can use what is known as the 'Eyedropper Tool' to get the hex code.

Hell, I'll even save you the trouble:

Aphex: #666633

Autechre: #999999

Boards of Canada: #339999

Cylob: #cc6600

Vibert: #666699

µ-Ziq: #cc9933

Plaid: #660000

Squarepusher: #000033

Happy now?

That's a very nice colour pallete, and thank you for providing the hex values as well!

Guest mrcopyandpaste

i vote for some sort of background design competition for each one, colour schemes and a nice background which works with the width and shapes of the fields etc

i vote for some sort of background design competition for each one, colour schemes and a nice background which works with the width and shapes of the fields etc

I should be presenting a mockup of at least the home page, if not a main artist page, soon.

why not just get ullillilia to completely redesign your website? WATMM with a touch of aspergers, and we could have music from bubsy on constant loop on WATMM radio.

I think the Come To Daddy video would make his head explode, and when he figured out the secret math behind BoC's tracks, he'd have his first orgasm.

Yeah, hopefully (don't want to jinx it) soon - I'm getting my head around Drupal and figuring out how to structure the content - mind you, I've these ideas for years, so a lot of them just need updating and refinement.

Archived