IGNORED

zazen

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

still no official reviews, is Cameron afraid? usually not a good sign when a movie isn't screened for critics before it's release, and we're coming up on only 1 week away

What? 1 week? I wish...

16 days my friend and reviews will start popping up on the 10th of Dec... which is a week before the movie... which is completely normal.

reviews will start popping up on the 10th of Dec... which is a week before the movie... which is completely normal.

i said we're coming up on one week, and no it's not completely normal to withhold reviewer screenings until one week before a film. Check out all the films coming out in December on rotten tomatoes and you will see that anything playing in the theatre already has official reviews. It seems like Cameron is intentionally delaying reviews to come out, it makes me wonder why he would do this.

reviews will start popping up on the 10th of Dec... which is a week before the movie... which is completely normal.

i said we're coming up on one week, and no it's not completely normal to withhold reviewer screenings until one week before a film. Check out all the films coming out in December on rotten tomatoes and you will see that anything playing in the theatre already has official reviews. It seems like Cameron is intentionally delaying reviews to come out, it makes me wonder why he would do this.

What the fuck are you talking about... no movies coming out around the 18th have reviews yet... its not unusual at all. And lol at thinking Cameron has control over this... it would be Fox Studios who would be deciding when to premier the film to critics.

And we aren't even coming up on one week away... we are coming up on two weeks away... jesus no offense but thats the most blatant lying

"I spoke to a person who saw Avatar and he said the action scenes delivered everything you'd expect from Cameron, even in this digital form. Visceral, detailed, a 'first-person shooter' experience on the biggest game screen ever hoisted.

"The simple, predictable story was deemed as almost perfunctory, as if adding too much storytelling and exposition would have amounted to a sensory overload. After all, no one discusses 2001: A Space Odyssey in relation to its plot. Star Wars either.

"What we have is: ----- (click link to read spoilers)

"And I was also told that despite all the trappings of special effects, blue people and CGI skies, Sigourney Weaver still manages to register strongly with warmth and a commanding presence." -- an HE friend who gets around and knows people.

http://hollywood-elsewhere.com/2009/12/avatar_uptick.php

:cool:

no movies coming out around the 18th have reviews yet... its not unusual at all.

NoBody's Perfect (2009) december 19th , 1 official review counted

The Young Victoria (2009) december 18th, 45 official reviews counted

Crazy Heart (2009) december 16th, 7 official reviews counted

Ricky (2009), december 16th, 3 official reviews counted

The Last Station (2009) Dec 23, 18 official reviews counted

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (2009) Dec 25, 61 official reviews counted

Nine (2009) Dec 25, 7 official reviews counted

Avatar (2009) Dec 18, 0 official reviews counted

it just makes me curious that's all, why the most highly anticipated movie of the year has only been screened in an unfinished form. It's possible he might still be putting final tweaks on it. Or if you believe that review from the guardian, it's been screened already but critics aren't writing about it except for 1 or 2? i've been checking online everyday to find some but so far had no luck.

I just saw that you posted one so ill check that out

no movies coming out around the 18th have reviews yet... its not unusual at all.

NoBody's Perfect (2009) december 19th , 1 official review counted

The Young Victoria (2009) december 18th, 45 official reviews counted

Crazy Heart (2009) december 16th, 7 official reviews counted

Ricky (2009), december 16th, 3 official reviews counted

The Last Station (2009) Dec 23, 18 official reviews counted

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (2009) Dec 25, 61 official reviews counted

Nine (2009) Dec 25, 7 official reviews counted

Avatar (2009) Dec 18, 0 official reviews counted

it just makes me curious that's all, why the most highly anticipated movie of the year has only been screened in an unfinished form. It's possible he might still be putting final tweaks on it. Or if you believe that review from the guardian, it's been screened already but critics aren't writing about it except for 1 or 2? i've been checking online everyday to find some but so far had no luck.

I just saw that you posted one so ill check that out

Screenings are on the 10th, unlike smaller more independent films, big movies such as Avatar have embargo's and specific premier dates for the press, its a marketing strategy. Most independent films have been screened at festivals months before. You really are looking into this too much imo

it's a marketing strategy yes, and juggernauts like this are powered by their own momentum, they don't need reviewers to peak the publics imagination in the same way that the smaller vehicles do .. imaginarium for example, people will need a push to go see that methinks ..

that way cameron can emotionally feel that he's not letting out any spoilers, (whilst at the same time releasing long arse clips filled to brimming with spoilers) heh

I saw Avatar at the weekend. It was the biggest disappointment, Cameron fucking sucks. What happened to Aliens and T2!? They were amazing films. It's like he spent the 00's sucking cock under the ocean rather than concentrating on writing half decent films.

Fuck Cameron.

Archived