IGNORED

Christ. - Distance Lends Enchantment to the View

azatoth

i might be in the minority here but after my initial listen through i'm definitely not enjoying this as much as i thought i would

apart from the track event horizon they waited, it seems like everything just sounds the same to me. there's something really weird going on with the drums. did he use a live drummer in this album? i also reealllly hate the track toynbee

i find blue shift emissions to be a much better album

maybe i have to listen to this more, hoping it grows on me

Guest Joebot Kill

yep. I'm definitely liking this so far. His stuff gets better with every release! Benbecula fucked up my order and sent me the CD instead of the vinyl. Oh well.

why doesnt christ. get any love? everyone pees themselves over boc but dont even pay attention to christ.? this album is killer. you all need more christ. in your life.

Guest Joebot Kill

finally got my copy on LP. It sounds richer, and warmer. The percussion definitely benefits from it. I thought it sounded kinda of tinny on CD.

And I agree in part about Christ. being under-appreciated. He should definitely be a bigger deal. But compared BoC, his sound isn't nearly as organic or as intricately put together. Not to hate on Christ. though, the new album is amazing.

I haven't heard this but unless people say this is astonishing, I'll continue to think he peaked early at the Pylonesque ep. I thought that one was great, but subsequent releases have been progressively so-so.

why doesnt christ. get any love? everyone pees themselves over boc but dont even pay attention to christ.? this album is killer. you all need more christ. in your life.

I'm new to Christ. and have only heard Blue Shift Emissions. I think it's competent, yet it hasn't really impressed me. A little too clean and simple maybe? Kind of feel the same way with my limited exposure to Kettel. Simple's probably not the right word. But clean.

Guest Bramsworth

The only song he's done I like is Making a Snow Angel. Everything else feels like it just goes by and isn't much in the way of a song, but more like...noise being played in a certain key and it stays coherent with itself, but doesn't go anywhere.

:unsure:

I'll listen to this soon, but it didn't feel like a single track stood out through the previews I heard.

The only song he's done I like is Making a Snow Angel. Everything else feels like it just goes by and isn't much in the way of a song, but more like...noise being played in a certain key and it stays coherent with itself, but doesn't go anywhere.

:unsure:

I'll listen to this soon, but it didn't feel like a single track stood out through the previews I heard.

I think this is one of the reasons I like christ. it's like more of an atmosphere that you can get lost in. Maybe it's because I make music of the same type though? I just love to get lost in a track and all of a sudden it's over and you're like what? that was 5 minutes? more please

this feels a lot weaker than blue shift.. not certain though. kinda reinforces the notion of christ.s music as a toy boards, or boards-lite. blue shift is great, though. distance... feels slight, airy. like it's on autopilot

warmin' up to it, 'harbin ice' opens up really nicely w/the melody. 'toynbee' sounds like some mario bros crap

this feels a lot weaker than blue shift.. not certain though. kinda reinforces the notion of christ.s music as a toy boards, or boards-lite. blue shift is great, though. distance... feels slight, airy. like it's on autopilot

warmin' up to it, 'harbin ice' opens up really nicely w/the melody. 'toynbee' sounds like some mario bros crap

im actually feeling this al lot more than blue shift. dont get me wrong, i love that record but this feels less samey and a lot more playful. this is the closest he has ever sounded to twoism boc and i think he's better for it. why hide it? lots of more straight forward funkier stuff this time around.

recieved 6 discs in the post today from benbecula

this is the first christ. release that ive ever been dissapointed with on first listen - just have to see if i start digging it as its played more, im not that optomistic tho

seems alot more meandering than any of his previous work - maybe he had trouble focusing i dunno...

:blink:

My expectations for this were low given the mixed comments here; however, I must say that I immediately like it better than Blue Shift Emissions. It's way more varied and relaxed, and the music itself is more interesting. There's a good chance that this might supplant Metamorphic Reproduction Miracle as my favorite christ. album.

By the way, does anybody know where Christ. will go now that Benbecula is closing shop?

• 2 months later...

I've still got the 12'' of this standing in one of my drawers. It always takes me ages to get round to listening to vinyl for some reason - I had one of the Leyland Kirby albums for about 3 months before I heard it.

• 1 month later...

Archived