IGNORED

Futonic Records: Tribute To Antarctica artwork poll (Closed)

Brandi_B

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Iain C
Benedict Cumberbatch and Yek came close too but were both let down by the typography IMHO.

picard-facepalm.jpg

At first I thought you were going to pull some wireframe-glasses and goatee-beard move and criticise my incorrect use of graphic design terminology, then I actually read the first post in the thread.

picard-facepalm.jpg

But might I add that chaning the typography of some of these would totally ruin their shit, ie IDRN's strong effort which I mainly liked BECAUSE of the typeface. OK if you want your Futonic Records logo appearing in its correct form, but surely the text of the title should be integrated properly into the design of the cover?

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

but the font and placement are part of the design submitted. saying you're gong to change that? might as well change the bg too

i voted for stoppits. sorry pigster.

There were about 60 total images. There had to be some trimming. Every single one of the images in the submission thread were considered. None of them were overlooked. The one's in the poll are the results of sifting through all the images and choosing the "closest fits" to futonic style, and also originality. There are some images that became favorites in the submission thread, but are obviously not here.

And yes, zazen is correct, the fonts/text will be changed at discretion. Some of the images text look fine the way they are, others need a little tweaking, but keeping with the original concept of the artwork :)

I like future girlfriend's cover

also like the one lumpenprol posted a few posts back and Stoppit's cover

but I voted future girlfriend

here's the one that should have made the cut, oh well. Yek's marked x one and stoppit's are the best out of the remainder, but i'm not going to vote now

_DSC0867.jpg

Yeah that was my favourite too...

Guest futuregirlfriend

whoa why on earth did i upload the one with awful type? i'm never making a toilet paper photoshop brush again.

i vote pigster, though i really do like the one lumpenprol has posted.

Why the hell wasn't this one selected:

_DSC0867.jpg

Easily the best one.

edit: I see it was already mentioned.

Why the hell wasn't this one selected:

_DSC0867.jpg

Easily the best one.

edit: I see it was already mentioned.

Just to put an end to questions. The reason it wasn't selected as a finalist is because even if it had the most votes, it would have been vetoed and the runner up (most likely) would have been chosen. Regardless of how good it may be to some of you, and no matter how much community support it has, it would never be the cover. So it would be a waste of votes.

Just to put an end to questions. The reason it wasn't selected as a finalist is because even if it had the most votes, it would have been vetoed and the runner up (most likely) would have been chosen. Regardless of how good it may be to some of you, and no matter how much community support it has, it would never be the cover. So it would be a waste of votes.

What? That makes no sense, if I'm understanding what you're saying correctly.

yeah not using that one, that was like my only request when this poll was made. dont put the emo piano ballad one up in the poll. all due respect to the artist who made it but it is opposite of my and futonic style. sry

Archived