IGNORED

Inglourious Basterds

lumpenprol

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah I think it's just that so many aspects of it have been run into the ground because of over playing the film and the music from it.... soon as I hear the opening bar to "little green bag" I'm like "oh fuck off" and turn it off.

Guest Shit Attack

reservoir dogs was good at the time but looking at it now you can see that its just a bunch of overacting guys shouting and swearing at each other in a warehouse with fake blood all over them . its definetly a pretty shit movie by this point (possibly because its been copied so much)

this new one has a good beggining and a good ending but gets really really dull in the middle . too many characters + none of them apart from the main nazi guy are really all that intresting or memorable. In fact half of them I didnt even really know who they were or cared when they did/didnt get killed . Brad Pitt totally sucks and the rest of his crew are pretty much a bunch of no marks who are hardly even in their own movie. it seemed to be a bit of a mess as if they had shot 3 different films and then tried to edit them all together into 1 film and then added some random voiceover + titles to it to make it seem stylish. theres definetly quite a lot of crap that should of got cut out especially this token british officer guy who seems to be in it just so they can have a brit in it and not leave anyone out. Tarantino is such an egomaniac he even has the last words in the film being "this could be my masterpiece" . do think its worth watching though at least compared to the look of the trailers that were on before it and some of the other shit at the pictures at the minute

oh yeah, Jackie Brown....yeah it's ok I suppose...bit fucking boring though innit.

reservoir dogs is just embarassing

kill bill is fucking well shit lol

death proof - yeah...again, it's alright if you like that kind of thing...

Jackie Brown is one of my favorite stories. It's really well done and Pam Grier is fantastic in it.

Kill Bill is a bit mundane for sure. I dunno if I'd go so far as to call it "well shit". Definitely not "well mexico" though.

I was actually surprised at how much I liked Death Proof. I thought it was going to be utter shit but it was a pretty interesting dialogue-driven movie.

reservoir dogs was good at the time but looking at it now you can see that its just a bunch of overacting guys shouting and swearing at each other in a warehouse with fake blood all over them . its definetly a pretty shit movie by this point (possibly because its been copied so much)

So much fail here. Don't even know where to begin. I fthat's all you see, perhaps you should take another turn and actually watch it?

Guest zaphod

I'm not a huge Tarantino fan but I do think he's a genius of sorts, and there is one thing that sets him apart from most other filmmakers working today: he understands that suspense and upsetting the audience's expectations are crucial to making an engaging film. I watched Pulp Fiction again about a month ago and enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. Scenes like the gold watch scene with Christopher Walken are just so expertly crafted, and build so perfectly to the payoff. I can't think of any other living filmmaker, besides possibly David O. Russell, who understands how to do this.

:rolleyes:

Guest Mr Salads

I'm not a huge Tarantino fan but I do think he's a genius of sorts, and there is one thing that sets him apart from most other filmmakers working today: he understands that suspense and upsetting the audience's expectations are crucial to making an engaging film. I watched Pulp Fiction again about a month ago and enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. Scenes like the gold watch scene with Christopher Walken are just so expertly crafted, and build so perfectly to the payoff. I can't think of any other living filmmaker, besides possibly David O. Russell, who understands how to do this.

:bats eyes:

Guest zaphod

:bats eyes:

:blush:

Guest Iain C

Is it like a 10 minute rape hitler scene in the shower followed by a royal beatdown tarantino style

Apparently they shoot him in the face so many times that he is rendered unrecognisable.

Guest Iain C

I'm not going to bother, once you've read the summary what's the point?

It actually seems that in the past 24 hours, the wikipedia summary has been edited for brevity. It's a shame really because it was very detailed.

go back to overpraising Hurt Locker

1. Harvey Keitel was in RD.

2. I like every Tarantino movie I've seen (all)

3. I also like Eli Roth. Great guy.

Fuck you haterz.

PS. Deathproof is awesome. I love the pointless QT dialog. I DON'T GIVE A FUUUUUUCK@@

I really think its becoming kind of cool to hate on Tarantino... but the guy is a genius... yes he borrows from others, but so does everyone else... he's just a bit more open about it. His movies are artsy, hilarious, and beautifully shot with amazing scores/soundtracks. What's not to like?

Archived