IGNORED

House Music

Berk

cwmbran, you've a history of being an elitist cunt that got you banned from the films thread already. We've all noticed this, don't be fooled by the fact that Lane Visitor and some others of the same ilk play along. It's better to get to the root of this issue so this forum because a more accepting and enjoyable place for you, me, and everybody else

cwmbran, you've a history of being an elitist cunt that got you banned from the films thread already. We've all noticed this, don't be fooled by the fact that Lane Visitor and some others of the same ilk play along. It's better to get to the root of this issue so this forum because a more accepting and enjoyable place for you, me, and everybody else

Heh yeah its only cuz i love house music too much to fight about it, and im secretly a dance music snob myself, but a very kind accepting one (if thats not an oxymoron). You have a point here.

Sooo now that this thread is blowing up with controversy and all.... Maybe now you guys can check out my debut soulful house single I wrote, produced and mixed that i put out a few years back :D :D

Working on a number of follow up projects right now under this alias, really eager to get more out. Love to hear your thoughts, thanks!

cwmbran, you've a history of being an elitist cunt that got you banned from the films thread already. We've all noticed this, don't be fooled by the fact that Lane Visitor and some others of the same ilk play along.

oooh, Mr Korn speaks for one & all, Mr Korn, hushed whispers in background, whisperwhisperwhisper, is that so

giphy.gif

havent you got a diazper's load of shit to be playing with already, or failing that some drill-core, noize-buttonz & *insert gimp mask here (rhetorical question)

go on keyboard warrior, i know you can rock the fuck outta this shit

You have a point here.

dont mistake being agreeable with taste, thought you had a bit more about you yoof, clearly not

here's some sleeve art inspiration for you, sure to pull the punters in.....

813RuckIrAL._SL1272_.jpg

81N5vYQjHfL._SL1500_.jpg

Hed_Kandi__Beach_House.jpg

make sexy enuff times?

drop it like its not

You have a point here.

dont mistake being agreeable with taste, thought you had a bit more about you yoof, clearly not

here's some sleeve art inspiration for you, sure to pull the punters in.....

813RuckIrAL._SL1272_.jpg

81N5vYQjHfL._SL1500_.jpg

Hed_Kandi__Beach_House.jpg

make sexy enuff times?

drop it like its not

lolol dude i love everything hed kandi, so you're not offending me here if you think you are, i've been a fan of their aesthetic and brand since day 1. im not a fan of their recent artist they started using on their comps around the early 2010's, as i think the characters and style looks a tad too realistic hollywood kardashian for my taste, but i still appreciate the efforts. hed kandi is a global dance brand, and one of the biggest faces of the diva / soulful genre, so yeah it's gonna be gaudy, glitzy and over the top. vogue baby. i don't know what point you're trying to make. its no doubt generic and faceless, but that's kind of what it's SUPPOSED to be.

On that note, good dance music is made for everyone and anyone, buddy. Sure, I love me that underground, super specific stuff too, but for the most part, house music is about the rhythm, the soul, the love, and the vibes. It's not about the drama, which you seem to be more interested in for some reason......

Also cwm, it's quite weird, because you could be taking this opportunity to rip on the edm variety of what younger millennials are mistakenly calling house nowadays (martin garrix, kaskade, hardwell and on and on) but instead youre writing off actual house music that just doesn't fit into your uber-specific taste protocol. hell, if i brought up defected records, you'd probably shit on them too for using too trendy of a font in their releases. you'd no doubt rip on david morales, roger sanchez, and everyone under the sun if they peaked after 1994. at this point if someone posted a green velvet track, you'd probably say he's shit except for between the months of august and october of 1992 because god knows why, because you had an awesome end to your summer that year and met someone you fell in love with or traveled the world or whatever? dude that's super awesome, but we're not all in your head.  

lolol dude i love everything hed kandi, so you're not offending me here if you think you are, i've been a fan of their aesthetic and brand since day 1. im not a fan of their recent artist they started using on their comps around the early 2010's, as i think the characters and style looks a tad too realistic hollywood kardashian for my taste, but i still appreciate the efforts. hed kandi is a global dance brand, and one of the biggest faces of the diva / soulful genre, so yeah it's gonna be gaudy, glitzy and over the top. vogue baby. i don't know what point you're trying to make. its no doubt generic and faceless, but that's kind of what it's SUPPOSED to be.

On that note, good dance music is made for everyone and anyone, buddy. Sure, I love me that underground, super specific stuff too, but for the most part, house music is about the rhythm, the soul, the love, and the vibes. It's not about the drama, which you seem to be more interested in for some reason......

its gaudy cos its tasteless bile, hence the appropriate Kardashian comparison

havent looked for drama, but have i been a bit critical here n there? absolutely

its gaudy cos its tasteless bile, hence the appropriate Kardashian comparison

havent looked for drama, but have i been a bit critical here n there? absolutely

perhaps you're taking the hed kandi brand too seriously? it's not supposed to be high art lol. it's fun and bubbly and dancey and girly. like bubbly anime. it's not real lol. 

Also cwm, it's quite weird, because you could be taking this opportunity to rip on the edm variety of what younger millennials are mistakenly calling house nowadays (martin garrix, kaskade, hardwell and on and on) but instead youre writing off actual house music that just doesn't fit into your uber-specific taste protocol. hell, if i brought up defected records, you'd probably shit on them too for using too trendy of a font in their releases. you'd no doubt rip on david morales, roger sanchez, and everyone under the sun if they peaked after 1994. at this point if someone posted a green velvet track, you'd probably say he's shit except for between the months of august and october of 1992 because god knows why, because you had an awesome end to your summer that year and met someone you fell in love with or traveled the world or whatever? dude that's super awesome, but we're not all in your head.  

if you're weird, dont project that on others, please, you seem a bit wound up mate, i only got a bit arsey with the one prick who admitted he didnt even like House & listed fkn KORN in amongst these glorious tunes

As for the above, shall we disseminate it publicly so the whisperwhisperwhispers can get a look in? ok, lets rock, hold my hand & i'll walk you thru so you dont fall down:

Defected? Defective defecative, i know Andy Daniel & he's a sell-out coke monster who continues to release garbage, his sc is here, you'll be in your element:

https://soundcloud.com/andydaniell

Morales? Talented jock & producer, until the money arrived, absolute epitome of a sell out

Roger Sanchez? Average jock, even worse after the shekels went to his nut, just look at that ridiculous headwear & goatee he sported until a while back

So yeah, you picked some right wrong uns there yoof, jesus christ, Defective?

i wont dignify the rest, cos, c-c-c-c-cos of the whisperwhisperwhispers, but i've been buying House records for 30yrs this year & Hed Kandi never featured, go figure

perhaps you're taking the hed kandi brand too seriously? it's not supposed to be high art lol. it's fun and bubbly and dancey and girly. like bubbly anime. it's not real lol. 

if a bunch of facile guff masquerading as music is yer thang, you crack a few over that garbage, there's trash & there's trash, nahmean, but dont expect the rest of the world to acknowledge it as anything other than a shallow cash cow

mooooooooooooooo

this does bring up a good point with dance music as a whole, and i think why a lot of people are at odds with each other and styles and generations and subgenres etc. dance and hip both fall victim to this disconnect, and it's about the imaginative aspect. there are many strands of dance music that are luxurious, imaginative, glamorous. whether intentional or not, it is sometimes part of of the allure. it makes you feel sexy. it makes you imagine yourself and your world in various atmospheres, scenarios, etc, in a dream world, wherever. it's different for everyone. other types of groove based music makes you feel right here, present, alive and fun. both types of music are valid, and of course, it's not black and white- a lot of dance music combines both feelings and elements. there's the realistic grit (probably blues/tribal-based in terms of where that element comes from) and there's the imaginative/narrative part element (melodic aspects, certain chord progressions and scales, attitude and personality if there is one over the track). some tracks have one or the other, some have both. both types of groove based  music need each other to exist imo, or at least for me as a listener lol. it's why i can't just go around only listening to euphoric trance tracks or sexy remixes of latin singers 24/7. i also need to hear some type of a-b-c easy as 1-2-3 kinda vibe, or some marshall jefferson or whatever some legit ass jackin house that's called for. it's a matter of body/mind/spirit. i see dance music and house music as a balance of all of those. yeah i might be caught up in the dreamy ibiza stuff more than others, and you might be caught up in the outsider and oldschool house more than others, but in order to appreciate house as a whole, i think we should realize that both bubbles are all good, as long as we're not trying to burst other people's bubbles. 

it makes you feel sexy.

nah mate, thats where the bs runs most strongly with your train of thought, i take it you've never been to a free party knee deep in crusty dog packs & people passed out on the dancefloor

people are there to dance, not be part of someone else's sense of what a dance music environment should be

if you went to a club like Heaven years ago, the gayest of gay London's best nights out, you'd still expect some proper tunes

so the schexxxxy-time line only runs so far, Heaven's crowd woulda slung you out for playing hed kandi, Defective, Roger Sanchez crap when they wanted to get their groove on

bursting bubbles? pull the other one

it makes you feel sexy.

nah mate, thats where the bs runs most strongly with your train of thought, i take it you've never been to a free party knee deep in crusty dog packs & people passed out on the dancefloor

people are there to dance, not be part of someone else's sense of what a dance music environment should be

if you went to a club like Heaven years ago, the gayest of gay London's best nights out, you'd still expect some proper tunes

so the schexxxxy-time line only runs so far, Heaven's crowd woulda slung you out for playing hed kandi, Defective, Roger Sanchez crap when they wanted to get their groove on

you're misinterpreting me. im not talking boots with the fur, look at me im sexy, im talking about a more animal element of rhythm and dance as whole. it can have / has a sexual / body element and if you're going to argue against that, go ahead and argue with professors and sociologists around the world lol. 

"a free party knee deep in crusty dog packs & people passed out on the dancefloor"

s yup that's also animalistic, sexual, destructive, dangerous, adventurous, stimulating, fill in the blank. if you're going to try and say legit dance music doesn't have sexual elements, you are going to fighting a long uphill battle. don't get "look at me im sexy, ooh everyone's sexy" confused with feeling sexual or sexual energy. dont go there. dont make me sound like Freud lol. 

^ all that said, youre obviously not paying attention, because i said there are two currents that pull each other imo from different directions of groove based music... but both have the body element, a natural reflex to a groove that just makes you can't help being able to move. from there, different strains of dance music can add different seasoning and layers to that-- (and this relates i think to all music, not just dance/house) some can make you feel as one, together with a group of people, friends, dancefloor. that euphoric feeling of unity and joy. other strains can make you feel adventurous, renewed, spiritually awake, sexual, etc etc.  

t

there are many strands of dance music that are luxurious, imaginative, glamorous. whether intentional or not, it is sometimes part of of the allure. it makes you feel sexy. it makes you imagine yourself and your world in various atmospheres, scenarios, etc, in a dream world

i prefer the "here & now" of music, not projecting some loathsome imaginary mtv world on the music or the scene, seen?

it makes you feel sexy.

you're misinterpreting me. im not talking boots with the fur, look at me im sexy, im talking about a more animal element of rhythm and dance as whole. it can have / has a sexual / body element and if you're going to argue against that, go ahead and argue with professors and sociologists around the world lol. 

"a free party knee deep in crusty dog packs & people passed out on the dancefloor"

s yup that's also animalistic, sexual, destructive, dangerous, adventurous, stimulating, fill in the blank. if you're going to try and say legit dance music doesn't have sexual elements, you are going to fighting a long uphill battle. don't get "look at me im sexy, ooh everyone's sexy" confused with feeling sexual or sexual energy. dont go there. dont make me sound like Freud lol. 

you can have all the above w/out recourse to plastic, disposable, McDonalds-eque wank, its not rocket science

but by all means fuel the disagreeable aspects in your misguided approach, projecting an imaginary realm doesnt make it so, it needs a sprinkling of real magic

and rather than requoting your previous post, again, the idea of "communal supplication" can be had w/out involving a bunch of dire music, cos shit music will end a party quicker than any objective in making it want to appear glamourous darling...thats a cardinal sin of equivalency making right there chap trying to appropriate the core aspect of House with a shit aesthetic like fkn Hed Kandi, Defecative, Morales & Sanchez....the colloquialism used here for such aberrations is "lengths"

do you think folks like Larry Levan & Ron Hardy didnt get the notion that there's a groove to maintain, balance & adjust, rather than playing every shit derivative disco record they could find?

its friday night here nowwww, but continue on with your cul-de-sac by all means, in fact by any means, yer never going to sell me on the lameness of the lameness, Lame

c5288ac9731580e3cb1e70ad9ddc0ae0_lg.jpgc5288ac9731580e3cb1e70ad9ddc0ae0_lg.jpg

c5288ac9731580e3cb1e70ad9ddc0ae0_lg.jpgc5288ac9731580e3cb1e70ad9ddc0ae0_lg.jpg