IGNORED

Antarctica Tribute Tracklisting, info, discussion

Brandi_B

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

44.1k - 16bit, you can send 24 bit if you want but it'd be easier to have everything the same. If you just dither 24 to 16 well it would be the exact same thing he would do.

I think subscriptions and the donate button are sufficient enough for watmm donations

IF (if) there are any profits from cd sales, they will go back into what the overall cost is, which i am pretty confident will never be fully compensated. Which is fine, it's my decision to spend my own money and time with this compilation.

I think subscriptions and the donate button are sufficient enough for watmm donations

IF (if) there are any profits from cd sales, they will go back into what the overall cost is, which i am pretty confident will never be fully compensated. Which is fine, it's my decision to spend my own money and time with this compilation.

i think you deserve a nice long holiday with those profits!

Guest Deslouriers

And on top of that, Sneaksta stole my track title! WTF!

?

My track was named Terra Australis (Beneath the Ice). Now apparently it's just called terra australis. :unsure:

Guest placidburp

Sent my wav off! Tried to render it as a 32bit float(16.8) and when I played it back it was all distorted!! So had to render as 16bit (int) instead. Anyone any idea's? Other than I suck?

Guest Adjective

Sent my wav off! Tried to render it as a 32bit float(16.8) and when I played it back it was all distorted!! So had to render as 16bit (int) instead. Anyone any idea's? Other than I suck?

the file was probably fine. your soundcard or whatever software probably didn't know how to handle 32 bit float.

Sent my wav off! Tried to render it as a 32bit float(16.8) and when I played it back it was all distorted!! So had to render as 16bit (int) instead. Anyone any idea's? Other than my soundcard sucks?

fix't

Guest placidburp

I have an M Audio Delta thingy! I'm sure I have rendered to 32 bit before with no problems. Maybe it's just one of those things. 16bit will be good enough won't it?

Guest placidburp

Hmm rendered a different song in 32bit (16.8) - same thing, distorted all the way through. Rendered in 32bit(0.24) and it plays perfectly. Maybe my soundcard doesn't like (16.8). Nevermind though., I have no idea what any of it all means.

Can I send it as a FLAC instead of a WAV ?

It would be better to send a wav, as I would just end up converting the flac to wav so when it's delivered everything is the same. Wavs, 16 bit, 44.1k

And re: placid burp mixing in higher bits is fine, actually advisable i always mix in 24 bit (w/ 32 float processing). But then dither down to 16 on mixdown/export. It makes a huge difference to mix in a higher bit, but if you've already mixed it then sending me a 24-32 etc mixdown is no different than sending a 16 bit file as it will be converted to 16 bit anyway as I can't afford to release this on dvds that can handle higher bit rates. I'm all about people liek nine inch nails, etc releasing their music for downloads in various formats and bit rates, and would like to do the same myself one day, but to attempt to do it for this comp would be a pain, and also not worth it as i'm sure many people already made their songs in 16 bit mixing situations. I must cut my thoughts off now and stop typing, too much caffeine.

Just want to make a note I will be out of town helping my grandma (in no internet land) Until this Sunday. So if you send in your master to me don't expect a confirmation until Sunday or Monday :)

Have a good rest of the week/weekend :)

yeah i liked your compression on the mp3 sneaks, but it will not be fucked up. I'm gonna sit there and make sure things sound like their originals, but better and polished, etc.

I'm not stressing ppl getting their masters in as of today, but sooner rather than later is indeed preferred.

Archived