IGNORED

a few t-shirts lost since the move from florida to cali...

QBLA

at first i wasn't thinking these were complete losses. the first tee that i noticed missing was the autechre one that spd bought me on from the untilted show in L.A... since i lost a lot of weight i thought "that shirt was way too big on me anyway... sleeves almost went to my elbows so i don't wear that anymore. then i noticed a couple of graphic tees missing and i thought... fuck it! i still have a lot more and i've been tryin' to get rid of some anyway... but then, i noticed my old ass public enemy shirt missing! i threw my arms up in the air and said "aaaawwwweeee hell no!" i went around frantically looking through other boxes that still had clothes throwing shit around and found nothing... then i started blaming the moving company! then i thought... these were white dudes that listened to classic rock and alternative music during the move. so i scratched that thought. that t-shirt basically is worth a lot to me... basically a level beneath my wife and children! i got it way back in the day when they were touring in support of "the empire strikes black"! i looked around online and saw nothing regarding this shirt... then again... i bought it from a vendor outside of the scope in norfolk, va. so it was most likely a fake... a fake that has lasted me almost 20 years! the design was basically africa in african colors with the letters "S1W" and an uzi (my avatar... i recreated the design). it also had the public enemy logo on the back! i'm thinking of making my own tee but why go through the trouble of making just one?

the original shirt was in white as well... so i'm going to probably get them done on black shirts instead. i'm also probably gonna change the font since the original used a stencil font for that military look, but that stencil font is too curvy for my tastes... most likely change that up.

question is... when i get them done in bulk... what should i do with the rest? sell them at a farmers market? swap meet? check some stores to see if they'd work a deal with me and sell them? sell them online? sell them to watmm? sell them at target?

that tee shirt was my life! i owe it to the shirt to recreate it!

Guest Coalbucket PI

I had a t shirt my dad bought for me in hawaii when I was about 10 that somehow still fit me and was my favourite shirt. then my friend hung it out to dry on a 4th floor balcony in darjeeling and it blew away. I was very angry and considered reproducing the shirt but it wasn't about the graphic on it, it was about how it fit and also the particular shade of faded green blue grey. sigh.

I couldn't pull off the look at all, but I might buy one so I can wear it ironically.

it would go really well with an ironic gambian fertility statue

i lost my favorite sandals when i moved to my apt recently. i had the fuckers for like 5 years and they were perfect. no idea what happened to them since i moved everything myself and unpacked 100% of boxes.

hey assym .. did you consider that your dearest wife may have used the move as an excuse to throw a few of your things out ... this happens ...

'Oh good, now i can get rid of those grubby old tee-shirts my honey hangs on to, thank the gods'

i'd be ringing up the lie detector guy ..

hey assym .. did you consider that your dearest wife may have used the move as an excuse to throw a few of your things out ... this happens ...

'Oh good, now i can get rid of those grubby old tee-shirts my honey hangs on to, thank the gods'

that didn't happen!

that didn't happen! she has some clothing missing aswell!

hahahah.. i can see it's getting to you .. so in the intrests of me not getting your back up i'll drop it .. my werk is done here anyway ... ;-p

hahahah.. i can see it's getting to you .. so in the intrests of me not getting your back up i'll drop it .. my werk is done here anyway ... ;-p

not to call you out on anything... but you've blamed my wife for certain things in the past when i brought up somethin! under irl circumstances i'd tell someone to hold their tounge about her... but this is internets so i can't really defend her!

Archived