IGNORED

Monolake - Silence

Guest headonist

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

first listen through and i am just blown away yet again, album after album and i am left full and satisfied!

i have been following along since the beginning.

spotless and spectacular.

MONOLAKE makes me swoon.

(can't wait for T++ first proper full length, i hope it will come out in 2010) :smile:

I downloaded this from Amie Street for $3.84 whatever that converts to. Quite a bit of Monolake stuff up there. I'm a complete n00b, I've a feeling I'll have to put that right.

Double-n00b Edit: Posted this before I realised that it'd leaked, so I take it noone else 'll be interested in paying for it.

aye thats a rip off! sorry didnt realise shipping was that much, assumed it would be a few quid but thats a right sting. Will wait till it comes out in uk, cant be long now

It's available here http://www.honestjons.com/shop.php?pid=35842&CatID=150 now.

Nice one, cheers. Ordered.

i still like Polygon_Cities (and some others) better, but i like where this is all going, alittle

none synthetic string threaded in..... i wonder if mono will continue to

ease more and more of this aesthetic into his sound?

i hope so.

i think 'silence' is a grower, i liked it right off, but i have a feeling in a few

weeks it will constantly be ringing in my ears

aye thats a rip off! sorry didnt realise shipping was that much, assumed it would be a few quid but thats a right sting. Will wait till it comes out in uk, cant be long now

It's available here http://www.honestjons.com/shop.php?pid=35842&CatID=150 now.

Nice one, cheers. Ordered.

This is some bullshit. A week later, no delivery and no word on if it's been sent out yet. Have I been done over?

they sent me it, but the bloody vinyl even tho I ordered the CD. I didnt have anything to play it on so sent back and not got the cd yet. Think they must still be having probs with the CD cause dont think its come on boomkat or anything yet either. Seems odd wonder whats going on. Might email honest jons and ask them whats occuring

Guest Enter a new display name

they sent me it, but the bloody vinyl even tho I ordered the CD. I didnt have anything to play it on so sent back and not got the cd yet. Think they must still be having probs with the CD cause dont think its come on boomkat or anything yet either. Seems odd wonder whats going on. Might email honest jons and ask them whats occuring

Yeah, I only see the vinyl available on Forced Exposure and eBay. According to Amazon, the CD should be available sometime around January.

That may be why.

If you do email and hear anything back, do update!

Got the cd from honest jons today! Just listening to it now

Sweet! Hopefully it'll be there when I get home. Incidentally, did you get any email confirmation of them posting it or anything? Because I've received nothing...

no they didnt email when it had despatched, but I emailed them last night and they replied saying it was on its way and here it was when i got home from work. Sounding nice so far but dont really stand out as amazing yet but I think it will be grower

is bleep even still open? i haven't visited the site in almost 6 months, last time i checked it was so glitchy it was unshoppable

I've continued using it quite a lot for physical releases and downloads, and no problems lately (touch wood). I thought it was next to useless when it first relaunched though.

Guest Enter a new display name

The current issue of The Wire has a 6-page interview with Robert Henke. Did anybody purchase that issue?

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i did. its an ok interview. he talks about bass drum and snare placement in a grid. not often you hear an artist talking about snare placement. the photos are kinda lol, a punk electronic guy in a park in daylight

most of the Wire's photos are a lol, i had a very good LOL at the overly serious expressions given by Dopplereffekt 2 issues ago. Probably the best photo i've seen in there recently was of Kode 9 for his interview, i actually liked them and didn't think they were pretentious as all hell

most of the Wire's photos are a lol, i had a very good LOL at the overly serious expressions given by Dopplereffekt 2 issues ago. Probably the best photo i've seen in there recently was of Kode 9 for his interview, i actually liked them and didn't think they were pretentious as all hell

lol, this one?

kode9.jpg

Archived