IGNORED

Monolake - Silence

Guest headonist

Guest headonist

Monolake - Silence

ml-025.jpg

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Imbalance Computer Music proudly presents a new Monolake album: Silence.

The finished products left the pressing plant and are on its way to the distributors and shops. Available as nicely designed CD, double vinyl LP and as download. The iTunes release date is November24, CD and vinyl should arrive in the shops around the same time or earlier."

More info at:

http://www.monolake.de/releases/ml-025.html

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Samples sound great. Not listened to Monolake other than Atlas which I didn't like, but I'll nab this for sure.

You are missing out! Momentum is a good album to start with.

Samples sound great. Not listened to Monolake other than Atlas which I didn't like, but I'll nab this for sure.

I've been meaning to try it out, but as I've found before the older albums are obscenely expensive. Momentum on Discogs is 150 Euros!

monolake ought to be required listening to anyone who thinks they like electronic music.

See above for why I haven't looked into Monolake yet. Guess I'll have to resort to downloading.

Guest narkeworld

I've been meaning to try it out, but as I've found before the older albums are obscenely expensive. Momentum on Discogs is 150 Euros!

monolake ought to be required listening to anyone who thinks they like electronic music.

See above for why I haven't looked into Monolake yet. Guess I'll have to resort to downloading.

I think the store forced exposure may have some new Monolake in stock.

Can't wait for this! I just finally listened to some Monolake a few months ago after a looooong period of "I'll get around to it". Everything I've listened to since is GOLD.

shit, didn't know they are ripping those sort of prices for momentum. surely there must be cheaper copies around.

shit, didn't know they are ripping those sort of prices for momentum. surely there must be cheaper copies around.

Most places I've looked are out of stock, or in the US like someone mentioned above but I don't have a credit card. I'm looking again though, I'll find it at some point no doubt. I'd rather have a physical copy than download anyway so I don't mind making the effort.

Guest Stoppit

I wanted to get some physical copies of monolake releases as well, but yeah, it's proving difficult. I'll be getting this new album though definitely

wowee haven't even heard it yet but this thread has made my fucking day! I love monolake!!!!!

also this was on the link in the OP:

Earlier today they moved the racks over to the old engine room. We need more space for LAPS VII, the last parts arrived a few days ago. Everyone is in a good mood now, even the guy from the mechanics team. I took the chance to leave the station for the first time since when? The mountains made me feel light, happy and small, I stood at the north barrier for an infinite time watching the sun slowly painting shadowy landscapes, in total silence.

This morning I found a note on the fridge door: 'Selling longboard and a cabin near the beach! LOL!'; someone added: 'Idiot' to it. Currently there is a lot of tension here, rumors spreading about a severe safety issue. If you'd ask me, it is definitely not a good idea to roll back now since we are so close. I just wish it would stop raining.

Sometimes I wonder if they were creating all this a long long time ago with us in mind or if it is just one of these strange coincidences. Unlike Miller I tend to be a more down to earth person, besides occasional moments of doubt that everyone must experience here at some point, especially in those long dark winter nights. We are all getting a bit irrational from time to time.

The storm is finally over, the sky wild and exhausted. We went up to the observatory and the gods were with us. They gave us the most beautiful rainbow i've ever seen. I closed my eyes and cried.

What is this? Is this fiction or non-fiction?

yeah I would like to see that sort of thing accompanying album artwork more often, it's a neat concept and a short fictional chunk of a story like that is a great alternative to album lyrics and shit in the booklet, setting the mood for the type of atmosphere in the album

Archived