IGNORED

your portable music player of choice

oscillik

mznf810silverlrg.jpg

i'm using my md player recently . at the time i bought it it was top of the line. the thing is made of metal and can take a real beating. i don't care much about hi-md... i like this one cause its' like a cross between digital and analog (md's) and i can load songs onto it as one would make a mix tape

edit: its' like better than a tape but similar to a tape ,, and it's not all about size, because it has a different interface than an mp3 player

Edited by yek

you suck at arguments. where's the "eat a fat dick, asshole" that we are so used to on this here message board.

this any better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR2bhQCFgGk

let's say i'm listening to a the mollusk by ween. everything works fine, except the art for blue train by coltrane will be used instead. then if I go on to the next ween album (in alphabetical order, so it'd be the pod) in my library, the art for the next coltrane album (giant steps) will be used for that album. some songs in an album will display the correct art, but are only one-offs. note that even if I manually re-add the correct cover art, it still displays the wrong art. apparently LOADS of people have the same problem and the only way to fix it is to wipe your ipod. given it would take me many hours to resync all my songs, I'm reluctant to do this (also i'm sure I'll just have the same problem again)

i had a similar problem on my iPod touch 2nd gen 32GB, whereby it wouldn't display album art in cover flow. just black squares. yeah, it's kinda Quaristice-like...but no. i had to completely reflash it to get it to work again.

mznf810silverlrg.jpg

i'm using my md player recently . at the time i bought it it was top of the line. the thing is made of metal and can take a real beating. i don't care much about hi-md... i like this one cause its' like a cross between digital and analog (md's) and i can load songs onto it as one would make a mix tape

edit: its' like better than a tape but similar to a tape ,, and it's not all about size, because it has a different interface than an mp3 player

that particular MD recorder is still pretty good :) it has a radio on it, if you listen to radio (i don't to be fair). can you record the radio actually onboard? Hi-MD is pretty good because of the additional recording time available to you, and also (with the MZ-RH1) you can upload any recordings you've made to the computer, regardless of whether you recorded using optical in, line-in, or mic-in....whether you're using an MDLP disc, SP disc, or whether you transferred files using NetMD. if you're happy with your current MD walkman then there's no need to change :D

Sony shouldn't have killed the format - it's much better than CD-R in my opinion

Edited by oscillik

i loved my md player. i still have it somewhere but i don't use it as much. i agree with yeks mixtape thing. i loved making a bunch of disks with different mixes, forgetting whats on em and then randomly plugging em in and loving every song.

let's say i'm listening to a the mollusk by ween. everything works fine, except the art for blue train by coltrane will be used instead. then if I go on to the next ween album (in alphabetical order, so it'd be the pod) in my library, the art for the next coltrane album (giant steps) will be used for that album. some songs in an album will display the correct art, but are only one-offs. note that even if I manually re-add the correct cover art, it still displays the wrong art. apparently LOADS of people have the same problem and the only way to fix it is to wipe your ipod. given it would take me many hours to resync all my songs, I'm reluctant to do this (also i'm sure I'll just have the same problem again)

Make sure that for albums, the album artist is tagged correctly. Did you use the iTunes importer? I think the iTUnes importer kind of sucks, especially in how it handles album information.

Unless of course you're talking about downloaded music, in which case who the fuck knows how that shit is tagged.

Guest Stoppit

Cowon D2 16GB with an extra 16GB SDHC card.

Love my Cowon, excellent sound quality, 52 hour battery life (so the manual tells me) and it's got a good screen if I ever want to play videos (which I do very occasionally).

One of the main reasons I bought it was because the memory is expandable with SD cards. I like having 32GB of space. Although I did buy a 32GB SDHC card recently, to bump the space up to 48GB, but it didn't work and I had to get it refunded. I don't know if that's because it was a cheap chinese card (which are supposed to be utter crap) or if the D2 won't support anything above 16GB...has anyone tried/succeeded with a 32GB card?

Edited by Stoppit

oh, and i just wanted to state my opinion about how incredibly awkward the iPod's clickwheel is... i tried it for the first time just recently and i'm AMAZED - how can so many people say that those circular motions are "natural" and how can anyone settle for this kinda nonsense? it was breaking my fingers!!!

Guest Al Hounos

Cowon D2 16GB with an extra 16GB SDHC card.

Love my Cowon, excellent sound quality, 52 hour battery life (so the manual tells me) and it's got a good screen if I ever want to play videos (which I do very occasionally).

One of the main reasons I bought it was because the memory is expandable with SD cards. I like having 32GB of space. Although I did buy a 32GB SDHC card recently, to bump the space up to 48GB, but it didn't work and I had to get it refunded. I don't know if that's because it was a cheap chinese card (which are supposed to be utter crap) or if the D2 won't support anything above 16GB...has anyone tried/succeeded with a 32GB card?

i'm sure you can find the answer at iaudiophile.net

Edited by Al Hounos

Guest abusivegeorge

All I want it to do is play the music I select when I press play, and then select and play the next song I choose it to play. Thats all I want.

Oh sorry, wrong picture.

It's this one, I won't display in media tagsas they are not working, it does have a screen :).

Creative_Zen_Plus.jpg

That's what I use too. It's chuffing brills (and cheap !)

got this today

archos_2_vision.jpg

so far so good. 8GB HD with microSD slot, FM radio, voice recorder, MP4 player...not bad for fifty quid.

but it really seems like every brand has stopped putting buttons on things in favour of fiddly slide touch control shit. when your hands are fucking freezing on cold winter days like these you cant even use it.

Guest abusivegeorge

Oh sorry, wrong picture.

It's this one, I won't display in media tagsas they are not working, it does have a screen :).

Creative_Zen_Plus.jpg

That's what I use too. It's chuffing brills (and cheap !)

Yep, well cheap. Thanks for fixing the tag mate :).

Guest leprechaun

Two years ago my SO gave me a 4 gig Sony Walkman for Christmas. I also got an 8 gig Sansa from my dad that year.

I use the Sony 'cause it sounds better, gave the Sansa to my SO. I don't really need to have my entire music collection with me at all times, so the Sony suits me perfectly.

new-sony-mp3-video-walkman-detail-3.jpg

sandisk-sansa-view.jpg