IGNORED

LOST - Season 6

Rubin Farr

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

this was a classic lost episode. absolutely classic. flashback/side/forward meant nothing as usual. island story moved forward very slightly. big reveal at the end. problem is it got old. 6 season of the same format is way too much. thats the problem. the writing didnt get lazy it always was.

now take a deep breath and say "it's only tv" 10 times. shut down your computer/iphone/whatever and go learn to surf

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This show feels more like a comedy now. I don't believe any of it, and it seems neither do the characters. It's been a strange, unconvincing season that I hope makes sense at the end and if not, at least provides some entertainment and surprises - everyone knew it would be Desmond, everyone knew Whitmore would be coming in the last episode of season 5.

You have Jack saying 'Jacob has this mirror!' and Sun saying 'i really don't care, I don't want to hear about how this is our destiny, go away'. And the way she says it, the look in her eyes, and Jack's too. Watching that scene again, you'd think the show was a comedy. The characters are in on the joke and you're not.

It's all a ruse, none of it matters...it was fun. I really really want it to end. I really really want them to get on with it, like soon, very soon, like before the final episode. Like before the final ten minutes. Like before the final L O S T in big letters that probably won't even appear and it'll just be a black screen. The big problem I've had with the last few seasons is with individual character's motivations. I was fine with nothing really happening in the first few seasons, I was fine with the characters being confused by it all, because their motivation was always to get off the island as well as just survive. And that made sense. Locke talked of destiny and that made sense because he could magically walk again. Now you have nearly every character moping around having no idea what to do, or what they're supposed to do. Richard has been on the island for over a 100 years and doesn't know anything.

I'd get lynched if I said the same in some lost threads on other forums. People spend a lot of time trying to figure out everything that happens in the show to an insane degree. I think that was fine and fun in the first few seasons because there wasn't a billion mysteries and unanswered questions nor was it as far fetched. And also because there was enough time to explain everything. But they don't bother, they just come up with something else, and drag the characters through it. If they have no intention of clearing things up, there's almost no point speculating. It's fun, but pointless then.

it will be revealed that everything is just a hallucination of vincent the moment he dies in the plane crash. something like that twilight zone episode, bridge at owl creek or whatever it's called.

i hope the finale is 2 hours of jack crying punctuated by car commercials every 3 minutes

Guest beatfanatic

I hope there is a Illana + Kate + Sun + Claire threesome in the season finale.

that's a foursome

lost.gif

I hope there is a Illana + Kate + Sun + Claire threesome in the season finale.

that's a foursome

lost.gif

lol.

but yea. this has really become a joke. are they mocking themselves at this point? do other people on those other message boards really think this is a good show anymore? seriously? it has become a travesty. every single person i know that has watched this show has the exact same feeling, they just want it to be over. that sucks.

Guest Enter a new display name

Who else lol'd when Sun ran into the tree? I guess that Man in Black's only way to capture his preys (despite his ability to turn into smoke) is if the latter stupidly knocks itself out with one of the several trees on the island.

As much as I ragged on this show a while back, I've been checking up here to see how things are panning out. I always thought the writers/producers were just cynically stringing everyone along, obfuscating without any clear plan just so that people keep watching for 6 full seasons (ratings!). But I really enjoyed the first season, as silly as it was, back when it first aired, and I've been sort of hoping that things would come to a half-way decent/logical conclusion. If it did, I'd probably rent the show and watch it all once it's completed.

So really, it's kind of sad to see everyone acknowledge the show as just a pile of BS. My sister really liked Lost and I teased her for it, but now she just seems a little upset and :facepalm: over how things are panning out. I still see people on, say, facebook putting up status updates that are all "OMG LOST TIME!," but each one of them is more or less a raging moron.

Who else lol'd when Sun ran into the tree?

i almost did. then when i realized that she couldnt speak english after running into a tree i chuckled. then when it took until the end of the episode for her to write on paper like a mute, i was angry and then when she was using an entire sheet of paper for every one word response, i was :facepalm:

the fact that some people still love this show and get excited by OMG mikal and keamy is a lol

you could have made this episode 1minute long and just showed desmond in the locked room on the sub

Who else lol'd when Sun ran into the tree?

i almost did. then when i realized that she couldnt speak english after running into a tree i chuckled. then when it took until the end of the episode for her to write on paper like a mute, i was angry and then when she was using an entire sheet of paper for every one word response, i was :facepalm:

when jack tells sun that she can't speak english due to aphasia, i thought: have we resorted to using soap opera cliches? really?

Guest Enter a new display name

when she was using an entire sheet of paper for every one word response, i was :facepalm:

Ditto, but the thing that was more irritating is that half of the words were out of frame on my 4:3 television.

the fact that some people still love this show and get excited by OMG mikal and keamy is a lol

you could have made this episode 1minute long and just showed desmond in the locked room on the sub

yea, thats why id like to see the lost series as shown by the last 1 minute of every episode. you probably wont miss anything and a couple hundred hours of this show proven useless

when she was using an entire sheet of paper for every one word response, i was :facepalm:

Ditto, but the thing that was more irritating is that half of the words were out of frame on my 4:3 television.

i had a lot of subtitles blocked by the obnoxious countdown to the V series after it.

thats the problem, thats who the show seems to be targeted towards now.

it used to be that even people who posted about LOST religiously on the fan forums were stumped about questions that were raised/things that happened, and pretty interesting conversations were had.

now the show is targeted towards people who were actually surprised at desmond being the package.

as a result, the die hard fans are really pulling at straws to find something interesting in the episodes.

example (a genuine copy/paste of a post I just saw)

"To me they seem to go out of their way to show the sand on Jacks fingers."

10epl00.gif

It's true, in nearly every episode you look to one funny line by a character as the thing that made the 43 minutes actually worthwhile, if no boobs were on display in that ep. Things like Frank Lapidus' 'this is the weirdest damn funeral I've ever been to'. I laugh at them, then check to see how much of the episode there is left. That for me is the show's worse aspect. I've lost patience now because there's only 8 episodes left.

Archived