16. Mordant Msuic - SyMptoMe

17. Masayuki Takayanagi - Archive 1

18. Matias Aguayo -Ay Ay Ay

19. Hecker -Acid in the styleof david tudor

20. William Basinski - 92982

21. The xx - xx

25. Leyland kirby -

30. Animal Collective - MPP

gah i'll try the rest when i can be arsed.

reaction:

- the xx? aren't they an nme band? odd.

- king midas still sounds crap to me

- ben frost, i keep seeing his name everywhere

please buy the wire. monolake article this month too/

that album is pretty good. basically they're a young marble giants tribute band, but their sound is a bit darker. they just look like an emo band.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

I need to pick that issue up, it has a review for the Aidan Baker CD we released at Install in it. I heard they liked it...can you confirm this?

confirmed.

"..establishing its author as a stylist with an individual voice."

I need to pick that issue up, it has a review for the Aidan Baker CD we released at Install in it. I heard they liked it...can you confirm this?

confirmed.

"..establishing its author as a stylist with an individual voice."

Quite nice! Cheers man. Hoping they dig on my first 12" we sent their way too.

Guest analogue wings

that album is pretty good. basically they're a young marble giants tribute band, but their sound is a bit darker. they just look like an emo band.

The half where they sound like young marble giants doing rnb covers is good. the half where they sound like the hipster band you saw at the local indie dive last weekend is not so good

I've got to admit I'm surprised at the Oneohtrix Point Never rating up there. I was going to buy Rifts after I downloaded one of the LPs that makes it up, as I like the little synth squiggles, but I didn't think it would have much broad appeal.

I've got to admit I'm surprised at the Oneohtrix Point Never rating up there. I was going to buy Rifts after I downloaded one of the LPs that makes it up, as I like the little synth squiggles, but I didn't think it would have much broad appeal.

lol this is the wire. readership 50 nerds

That XX album was a pleasant surprise for me. Totally overlooked it because it looked like another hipster flash in the pan but the album is actually pretty good.

Also, awesome that Broadcast is number 1, my fav album of the year as well.

lol this is the wire. readership 50 nerds

In the world of weird noise music that is broad appeal.

im listening to that ben frost album right now and its really fucking good. great atmosphere. i love the cover art too

Ben+Frost+-+By+The+Throat.jpg

Yeah, this is the dog's nuts. Nice to see Sunn O))), Shackleton and Hecker that high up, really enjoyed those releases.

I like the Broadcast + Focus Group album a lot, but it's as much or more of a Focus Group album as it is a Broadcast one, kind of like Julian House remixing Broadcast. I can see how someone that doesn't care for his fragmented, scattershot sampling style wouldn't like this though.

Listened to the King Midas thing but I wasn't feeling the vocals too much...

the broadcast + focus group album is good, the broadcast ep didn't do much for me.

AH thats where i went wrong. i heard the ep. it was unfocused

Listened to the King Midas thing but I wasn't feeling the vocals too much...

maybe it needs a few listens to permeate. i didnt like the vocals or the beats

ALL THIS NEW MUSIC IS SO PSYCHEDELIC!? DOES THAT MEAN THAT THESE ARTISTS WANT TO HANG OUT WITH ME!?? DO THEY WANT TO PRETEND TO BE PUPPIES WITH ME? I REALLY JUST CAN'T TELL. I MEAN THE ANIMAL COLLECTIVE (HA I UNDERSTAND NOW BECAUSE I WAS AN ANIMAL THAT ONE TIME AND I FELT LIKE I WAS IN A COLLECTIVE) ARE THEY ACTUALLY COMMUNICATING DIRECTLY TO ME THE SAME PRINCIPALS THAT I WAS TRYING TO ESTABLISH!? I MEAN LOOK HERE IN THE REVIEW OF MERRIWHEATEHR POST WHATEVER: "the desire for familial domesticity never sounded as ecstatic as it does on 'my girls' " THE THING IS, IT HAS, OUT OF MY GODDAMN MOUTH!!!! THEY UNDERSTAND!! ALL THE OTHER ARTISTS ON THE LIST HAVE A SIMILAR VIBE GOING DOWN (cept for David Sylvian, always classy, what a cool guy) THESE PEOPLE ON THE LIST, THEY PROBABLY ARE ON THE SAME VIBRATIONS AS I AM!! OMG ITS HAPPENING!

ALL THIS NEW MUSIC IS SO PSYCHEDELIC!? DOES THAT MEAN THAT THESE ARTISTS WANT TO HANG OUT WITH ME!?? DO THEY WANT TO PRETEND TO BE PUPPIES WITH ME? I REALLY JUST CAN'T TELL. I MEAN THE ANIMAL COLLECTIVE (HA I UNDERSTAND NOW BECAUSE I WAS AN ANIMAL THAT ONE TIME AND I FELT LIKE I WAS IN A COLLECTIVE) ARE THEY ACTUALLY COMMUNICATING DIRECTLY TO ME THE SAME PRINCIPALS THAT I WAS TRYING TO ESTABLISH!? I MEAN LOOK HERE IN THE REVIEW OF MERRIWHEATEHR POST WHATEVER: "the desire for familial domesticity never sounded as ecstatic as it does on 'my girls' " THE THING IS, IT HAS, OUT OF MY GODDAMN MOUTH!!!! THEY UNDERSTAND!! ALL THE OTHER ARTISTS ON THE LIST HAVE A SIMILAR VIBE GOING DOWN (cept for David Sylvian, always classy, what a cool guy) THESE PEOPLE ON THE LIST, THEY PROBABLY ARE ON THE SAME VIBRATIONS AS I AM!! OMG ITS HAPPENING!

heh, you're funny mister

Archived