IGNORED

what is the best tortoise track/album to play for a neophyte?

Guest tht tne

i'm trying to convince a friend to go to atlanta tortoise with me feb. 14 and i'm not sure what to play

i've played standards for him once but he didn't really comment; something less electronic maybe

I just recently got into Tortoise and I fucking love them. First albums I heard were TNT and Beacons of Ancestorship. I love basically all their stuff, but TNT seems to be an endlessly rewarding masterpiece that will lift you up on a bad day.

if the first track on standards doesn't work then fuck him

see the first 2 minutes of seneca is basically noise so i can understand if he didn't have a lot of patience with it, it gets moisturisingly good though

Yeah, TNT is my favorite- play them Jetty from that album maybe? Damn, I really need to listen to that again, it's been a while...

yeah jetty is pretty much the queen's paps, i love that whole era of post-rock when they were all doing a take on drillnbass

tnt would have to be their best work imo. i remember hearing it in a record store and being totally mesmerised by the first track. i had to buy it, fuck!

TNT.

It makes me so happy to see so many of you on the same page.

Fantastic album from beginning to end.

I first got into them 11 or 12 years ago when that album was new. I got it knowing absolutely zero about who Tortoise was or what kind of music they played. I actually bought it solely based on the album cover.

One of the most rewarding record purchases of my life.Also makes me proud to be from Chicago!

self titled one is my favourite, then tnt, then it's all around you - the opening track on it's all around you is the best example I can think of something to play to someone to express what tortoise is all about (imo)

i played him a dual-drumming jam i found on youtube but he says he doesn't wanna go :wtf:

:facepalm:

hey if you don't like the fact that tortoise has two drummers don't take it out on me sweet cheeks

i played him a dual-drumming jam i found on youtube but he says he doesn't wanna go :wtf:

hey if you don't like the fact that tortoise has two drummers don't take it out on me sweet cheeks

hey honey buns.

it's not my fault you posted a thread asking us for advice only to go rogue. you went rogue.

hey honey buns.

it's not my fault you posted a thread asking us for advice only to go rogue. you went rogue.

Dual drummers is one of the things I like most about Tortoise live. Well played IRARI, too bad your friend is a cunt

Archived