IGNORED

Crazy Batshit Insane Electronic "Ritual" Concerts

triachus

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hanatarash and Gerogerigegege are on the must know list for any real noise aficionado.

yes, and most noise fans i know don't even like Gerogieoreorigoire (dont know how to spell sorry) he's just infamous in the scene.

"Nitsch's work, which can be considered both ritualistic and existential, first drew attention in the early 1960s when he exhibited a skinned and mutilated lamb. The lamb was crucified against a white fabric-covered wall, with the entrails removed and displayed below a white table, splashed with blood and hot water. This was accompanied by Nitsch's "Geräuschmusik". Nitsch's subsequent work has incorporated many similar elements, often combining slaughtered animals, red fruits, music, dancing, and active participants."

Hermann Nitsch

Crash Worship are a band that became famous based on their insanely elaborate and sometimes illegal ritualistic experimental/electronic music concerts in the late 80s and early 90s. They were notorious for continuing the show after the club or venue would close in the parking lot outside.

I never got to see them live but tales of shows have been told to me ever since i got into this type of music. Several unrelated people i know claim that a particular Crash Worship show was the most memorable concert they've been to.

from wikipedia:

During live performances, the band's members (or often, audience "provocateurs" as well) would "manipulate" the audience, involving them more deeply into the show, though often the crowd would make its own way to the performance area.[3] The musicians would also "mobilize" their instruments off the stage into the middle of the audience (or outside) igniting explosives or hosing down the crowd with liquids creating an atmosphere of celebration and sexual transcendence. The disorder of the band's live shows and often- Occult-like or heathen imagery[4] invited attention from police, who would forcibly shut down a large percentage of the band's shows.

After much successful touring in the United States for many years, Crash Worship followed suit with two full European tours in the mid-90s. It was also at this time the band was deemed "unmanageable" by many labels, booking agencies, or clubs which proved difficult to tour much afterward.

This was the first band I thought of when I read the thread title...

My brother saw them in the 90's at the club Trees in Dallas, where they caught some of the audience members on fire...

they were spinning long ropes with some flaming objects attached to the end, not giving a shit about whom the flames hit...

they were mostly nude and either the band or the crowd lit a fire in the middle of the club and danced around it...

somehow the club didn't burn down and I don't think anyone was seriously injured....

crash worship - what's so ever b1 discordia.mp3

"Nitsch's work, which can be considered both ritualistic and existential, first drew attention in the early 1960s when he exhibited a skinned and mutilated lamb. The lamb was crucified against a white fabric-covered wall, with the entrails removed and displayed below a white table, splashed with blood and hot water. This was accompanied by Nitsch's "Geräuschmusik". Nitsch's subsequent work has incorporated many similar elements, often combining slaughtered animals, red fruits, music, dancing, and active participants."

Hermann Nitsch

gimmick

Hermann Nitsch

yeah there are a few vids on ubu, but i can't look at it for longer than a few seconds because i consider it rather sick

Archived