IGNORED

Crazy Batshit Insane Electronic "Ritual" Concerts

triachus

So, my cousin listens to some obscure extreme stuff (noise, speedcore and whatnot) and wants to make music blabla so he befriended a few guys with same interests and via via got on some very elite obscure music forum (no it's not this one lol)

Anyway, one day he and his friends recieved a PM from some weird dude they didn't know, an invitation to an obscure speedcore concert. But it wasn't a regular one. No sir, it was a "ritual" concert.

During the speedcore concert, a pregnant woman was going to give birth in the middle of the room, and the placenta was going to be passed around the concertgoers, so everyone could take a bite.

Let that image sink in for a while.

What the fucking fuck?? Who the hell does that? And why??

You'd think stuff like that would be done by some weird metal/goth pagan loons, but not in the electronic music scene.

I don't know about you guys, but the most "insane" thing i ever encountered during a concert was some guy dressed as a hotdog during Autechre. So to me, this placenta shit is pretty fucked up.

So, any of you guys ever went to such "crazeee" party/concerts where wierd shit was going on? Or have you ever heard of any? Doesn't have to be electronic tho. Although i'm weirded out, i'm also intrigued to hear stories.

Do you think IDM concerts should perform rituals? Sacrificing virginity during Wisp? Autechre performs in complete dark, so that's a good platform for some creative ritual.

I think we must. We ain't gonna let ourselves look like pussies by some genre like speedcore, no siree bob.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sounds like someones fucking with you

and as far as concerts as rituals go, sunn 0))) and coil pretty much do/did it the best.

I don't know about you guys, but the most "insane" thing i ever encountered during a concert was some guy dressed as a hotdog during Autechre.

lol

hmm. sounds like bullshit. i used to go to speedcore/breakcore/noise warehouse parties quite a lot and the most anyone did there was ridiculous amounts of speed and ice.

and as far as concerts as rituals go, sunn 0))) and coil pretty much do/did it the best.

have you been to a Crash Worship performance?

there is this local noise guy named Death Squad out here in san Francisco who became pretty famous in the noise and experimental scene world wide for doing a show where he sits down at a table while noise tones blare out a speaker, shoots actual heroin in front of the audience, proceeds to load a hand gun and then while fucked up on heroin points the gun at the audience while screaming at them. Luckily that was the most famous he ever got and i argued with him once over AIM, i must have made him so upset that he later threatened to kill me live on KPFA radio

i've been to a few shows where i was worried for my own safety and/or the safety of the performer. one i remember distinctly was a japanese noise artist wearing a suit made out of sharpened rusty sheet metal shards threaded together with wire. he started doing stage dives into the audience of no more than 30 people sitting on the floor, he seriously could have like sliced someone's throat open with his metal suit. i got the fuck out of the area and just continued watching from the very back of the club.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

I don't think there'll be enough placenta for everyone

there will if speedcore jesus shows up.

there is this local noise guy named Death Squad out here in san Francisco who became pretty famous in the noise and experimental scene world wide for doing a show where he sits down at a table while noise tones blare out a speaker, shoots actual heroin in front of the audience, proceeds to load a hand gun and then while fucked up on heroin points the gun at the audience while screaming at them.

this is the very definition of meaningless self indulgence masquerading as.. a concert? performance art? who cares..

who are crash worship?

Crash Worship are a band that became famous based on their insanely elaborate and sometimes illegal ritualistic experimental/electronic music concerts in the late 80s and early 90s. They were notorious for continuing the show after the club or venue would close in the parking lot outside.

I never got to see them live but tales of shows have been told to me ever since i got into this type of music. Several unrelated people i know claim that a particular Crash Worship show was the most memorable concert they've been to.

from wikipedia:

During live performances, the band's members (or often, audience "provocateurs" as well) would "manipulate" the audience, involving them more deeply into the show, though often the crowd would make its own way to the performance area.[3] The musicians would also "mobilize" their instruments off the stage into the middle of the audience (or outside) igniting explosives or hosing down the crowd with liquids creating an atmosphere of celebration and sexual transcendence. The disorder of the band's live shows and often- Occult-like or heathen imagery[4] invited attention from police, who would forcibly shut down a large percentage of the band's shows.

After much successful touring in the United States for many years, Crash Worship followed suit with two full European tours in the mid-90s. It was also at this time the band was deemed "unmanageable" by many labels, booking agencies, or clubs which proved difficult to tour much afterward.

my friend says there is an excellent video recording of a live show of theirs on youtube i was going to try to find it but most of the vids i can find are pretty grainy and low qual

Guest Enter a new display name

During the speedcore concert, a pregnant woman was going to give birth in the middle of the room, and the placenta was going to be passed around the concertgoers, so everyone could take a bite.

That is the most intriguing part of your post, Triachus. How could that woman predict she was going to give birth during the performance on an exact date and time? :mellow:

Once, at a Slayer show in a small club here in Lawrence there was a pigs head being tossed around. Then people started kicking a hole in the floor. The hole ended up being about 4ft across by the end of the show lol People were tripping and falling on/into it. Not very fun being on the floor in the middle of a mosh pit at a Slayer show...

Once, at a Slayer show in a small club here in Lawrence there was a pigs head being tossed around. Then people started kicking a hole in the floor. The hole ended up being about 4ft across by the end of the show lol People were tripping and falling on/into it. Not very fun being on the floor in the middle of a mosh pit at a Slayer show...

i'm going to see slayer this summer in an arena... don't want any shit... will i be safe as long as i'm in a seat and not on the floor?

Archived