IGNORED

Crazy Batshit Insane Electronic "Ritual" Concerts

triachus

Guest Glass Plate

well I wouldn't say this type of show has strong ties to the majority of the electronic music scene. There are a lot of weird people who exclusively listen to/connect themselves to the breakcore/speedcore type scene and are closer to being hippies than anything else. (think of uk outdoor raves, they're just hippies with speakers). Placenta eating is a very hippy thing to do.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sounds like someones fucking with youand as far as concerts as rituals go, sunn 0))) and coil pretty much do/did it the best.

one i remember distinctly was a japanese noise artist wearing a suit made out of sharpened rusty sheet metal shards threaded together with wire. he started doing stage dives into the audience of no more than 30 people sitting on the floor, he seriously could have like sliced someone's throat open with his metal suit. i got the fuck out of the area and just continued watching from the very back of the club.

Oh japanoise artists...

"Hanatarash was notorious for its dangerous live shows. Some of the band's most infamous shows included Eye cutting a dead cat in half with a machete, strapping a circular saw to his back and almost cutting his leg off, and destroying part of a venue with a backhoe bulldozer by driving it through the back wall and onto the stage."

Once, at a Slayer show in a small club here in Lawrence there was a pigs head being tossed around. Then people started kicking a hole in the floor. The hole ended up being about 4ft across by the end of the show lol People were tripping and falling on/into it. Not very fun being on the floor in the middle of a mosh pit at a Slayer show...
i'm going to see slayer this summer in an arena... don't want any shit... will i be safe as long as i'm in a seat and not on the floor?

I doubt they'll let them use a real pig at a major venue. Sounds like a typical BM show.

This thread could be titled: Electronic gigs - G.G. Allin style.

Once, at a Slayer show in a small club here in Lawrence there was a pigs head being tossed around. Then people started kicking a hole in the floor. The hole ended up being about 4ft across by the end of the show lol People were tripping and falling on/into it. Not very fun being on the floor in the middle of a mosh pit at a Slayer show...

i'm going to see slayer this summer in an arena... don't want any shit... will i be safe as long as i'm in a seat and not on the floor?

Ya, you should be good. The floor always goes ultraviolent, but the seats (from the shows I've been to) are for the people who like the music but don't want/cant handle the floor

If you say insane electronic ritual concerts, I immediatly thought about this I saw a while ago:

Aesthetic Meat Front

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9GKKaP_lPw

07:50 for example (not very electronic, but they claim to be industrial / experimental / electronica)

mmmmm

Ya, you should be good. The floor always goes ultraviolent, but the seats (from the shows I've been to) are for the people who like the music but don't want/cant handle the floor

Yep Slayer shows can get a bit hectic. Reason being there are 95kg, full-grown men moshing and not weedy, teenage oiks!

Yep Slayer shows can get a bit hectic. Reason being there are 95kg, full-grown men moshing and not weedy, teenage oiks!

I can't remember if it was a slayer or a pantera show that I was in the midst of the mosh pit and there was some idiot spinning around with a razor blade in his hand. I think he only got a couple of people with minor nicks before others caught on and some huge guy cracked him one over the head and dragged him out of there.

I can't remember if it was a slayer or a pantera show that I was in the midst of the mosh pit and there was some idiot spinning around with a razor blade in his hand. I think he only got a couple of people with minor nicks before others caught on and some huge guy cracked him one over the head and dragged him out of there.

puts me in mind of techno viking... pits and so on are somehow self-regulating... it's a testament to humanity

6 feet under was a crazier show than slayer back in the day, as far as audience monstrosities goes. Crazy bastards. went with morphis2525's brother actually. He left with blood strewing down his face. I got tossed around a bit but avoided any major crushings. Oh the 90's.

6 feet under was a crazier show than slayer back in the day, as far as audience monstrosities goes. Crazy bastards. went with morphis2525's brother actually. He left with blood strewing down his face. I got tossed around a bit but avoided any major crushings. Oh the 90's.

did anybody rip your pubes off and make you wear them as a beard and that's why you have a beard now?

did anybody rip your pubes off and make you wear them as a beard and that's why you have a beard now?

ok well apparently Imma have to DELETE FUCKING EVERYTHING because I didn't know those dox got out. For your information, that happened AFTER the show, WITH the band, and was consensual. I was into shit like that back then. But here me out, Dimebag was into that shit too. I just happened to have more pubes.

ok well apparently Imma have to DELETE FUCKING EVERYTHING because I didn't know those dox got out. For your information, that happened AFTER the show, WITH the band, and was consensual. I was into shit like that back then. But here me out, Dimebag was into that shit too. I just happened to have more pubes.

well played

I don't know about you guys, but the most "insane" thing i ever encountered during a concert was some guy dressed as a hotdog during Autechre.

lol, maybe it was me

15367_169316583777_602633777_2810429_527410_n.jpg

Guest lullezucht

There's a performance of my piece for bowed Japanese pubic hair this Wednesday in Koenji. Drop me a line if you want to be on the guest list.

Crash Worship are a band that became famous based on their insanely elaborate and sometimes illegal ritualistic experimental/electronic music concerts in the late 80s and early 90s. They were notorious for continuing the show after the club or venue would close in the parking lot outside.

I never got to see them live but tales of shows have been told to me ever since i got into this type of music. Several unrelated people i know claim that a particular Crash Worship show was the most memorable concert they've been to.

from wikipedia:

During live performances, the band's members (or often, audience "provocateurs" as well) would "manipulate" the audience, involving them more deeply into the show, though often the crowd would make its own way to the performance area.[3] The musicians would also "mobilize" their instruments off the stage into the middle of the audience (or outside) igniting explosives or hosing down the crowd with liquids creating an atmosphere of celebration and sexual transcendence. The disorder of the band's live shows and often- Occult-like or heathen imagery[4] invited attention from police, who would forcibly shut down a large percentage of the band's shows.

After much successful touring in the United States for many years, Crash Worship followed suit with two full European tours in the mid-90s. It was also at this time the band was deemed "unmanageable" by many labels, booking agencies, or clubs which proved difficult to tour much afterward.

my friend says there is an excellent video recording of a live show of theirs on youtube i was going to try to find it but most of the vids i can find are pretty grainy and low qual

that sounds like something that couldn't possibly exist anywhere other than on the west coast

Archived