IGNORED

autechre/hafler trio

not_vikur

i listened to one of these last nite. wow it really is something

was about 32 mins long and its really crazy but good stuff. (2nd collab)

does anyone know if the first collaboration is still available for purchase?

yeah that one is wicked, i really dig the autechre one (2nd collab), the way the track slowly change from "perfect calm" kind of dreamy & warm ambient to erm... strange sounds & then the kind of mego noise bits that i love.

its brillant.

i really recommend the Hecker PV trecks album on the same wavelenght

http://www.mdos.at/recorddetail.php?id=5924

first Ae/H3o cds:

http://www.phonometrography.net/shop_product.asp?id=2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This is a big bump (I was gonna post a new thread but this'll do nicely). The Hafler Trio doesn't really get much attention on here at all, I have no idea why though, on good headphones and with uncompressed (or very well ripped) audio the Hafler Trio is almost an entire new genre of music. I like to call it ambient-braincore.

this album was probably the single most dissapointing release ever for me.

I am a huge fan of both autechre and hafler trio and the output of this album did not meet my expectations.

It sounds almost indistinguishable from H30's modern solo works, and nothing like a collaboration between the two.

for ambient Autechre i prefer Gescom: minidisc, for ambient Hafler Trio i prefer A Thirsty Fish or Fuck

if anyone wants to check out Heckers main inspirations check out those hafler albums or Zoviet France - loh land, digilogue, or Just an Illusion.

Guest disco_epilepsy

i'm looking at buying the first one but want to at least listen before paying $47 for it - is there anywhere on the net with samples?

(i'd get it from soulseek, but i'm dangerously close to my download limit for the month)

Guest disco_epilepsy

i'll give myself a few days to think the purchase over, and will then buy it (i've had too many times where i've impulse bought things i haven't liked in the long run)

this isn't limited edition is it?

i'll post clips later (according to the site link-top of this page, i dont think that record was such expensive, maybe the shipping or i'm crap @conversion) ; its a good release, even if quite different from records like untilted or draft

its not really something you can judge on samples to be fair i mean we are talking 20min+ songs.

dont mean to be negative, but the samples are pretty representative of the entire album. There is barely any change and the songs are for the most part constant slowly evolving drones.

I'm not a big fan of this release, I think it gets very boring

I prefer Gescom - Minidisc for my ambient ae wackiness

its not really something you can judge on samples to be fair i mean we are talking 20min+ songs.

dont mean to be negative, but the samples are pretty representative of the entire album. There is barely any change and the songs are for the most part constant slowly evolving drones.

i know you dont like it & reckon its a dry release but i like it a lot, on good pair of headphones (heavy ones) or good sound system its quite strong, also just make a waveform file & look at it, you'll see there are changing sounds + use your ears!

but yes, its not an easy one (& the gescom MD is ace!!)

you'll see there are changing sounds + use your ears!

too subtle for me, i like the more overt textured sounding ambient music instead of barely changing dry stale drones

my problem is that its too easy, it has almost no dynamic range and sounds like it was made in literally real-time

• 1 year later...
Guest MMBKG

Thus far I am enjoying the second EP more than the first (first listens through both of them)

the first didn't really strike me with anything unique per se.

I accidentally started with the second track first on the second album. 30 minutes in, silence notwithstanding, I've found the track more evocative.

suitable for dark, interesting background music.

I do like my ambient music to reward attention to detail as well.

keeping my ears open.

Guest transfer

i know you dont like it & reckon its a dry release but i like it a lot, on good pair of headphones (heavy ones) or good sound system its quite strong, also just make a waveform file & look at it, you'll see there are changing sounds + use your ears!

easy for me and what you wrote is true imo.

• 4 months later...

Ok, so I have never heard any of the ae/hafler trio albums. They seem to be really hard to find. Should I go way out of my way to find and buy these? or no? Part of me says "buy it you chode, its autechre". But another part of me is like, "there are other musics to buy yo, and we heard it wasn't very special"

Ok, so I have never heard any of the ae/hafler trio albums. They seem to be really hard to find. Should I go way out of my way to find and buy these? or no? Part of me says "buy it you chode, its autechre". But another part of me is like, "there are other musics to buy yo, and we heard it wasn't very special"

if you do end up getting one of them i'd say go for the 2nd on e in the series. The 1st one is a lot more drone based dark ambient while the 2nd one is kind of more spastic and quicker to change.

Yea, on discogs I am looking at 50 bucks plus shipping for one, and 16 pounds plus shipping, (probably means close to 40 bucks) for the other. I dunno, thats a lot. If I see them for less I will pick them up no questions asked. But 50 is a bit too much for a cd I think.

Archived