IGNORED

Avatar wins Best Picture and Cameron takes Best Director at the Golden Globes

karmakramer

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm saying that attention is deserved to anything that is #1 in whatever field it's in because it's there for a reason - not just because it caught some niche that everyone clung to (which is a definite aspect). To say something of this caliber which pushes the envelope and almost revolutionizes the industry so much is not quality is just weird, imo. That is all.

thats what they fucking want you to think dumbass. You're just buying into all the bullshit hype. They want you to think that because it cost so much money, and it made so much money, and that it apparently pushes envelopes and revolutionizes the industry (this is also completely unclear and unfounded) that it IS that good, and worthy of your and everyone else on planet earth's attention. maybe it is that good, maybe it isn't (I haven't seen it), but all indications point to an entertaining visual effects movie that has zero staying power when the next film like it comes along with more impressive effects AND REVOLUTIONIZES THE MOVIE EXPERIENCE!!!!!

not fantastic, not bad enough to despise, just very simple and very middle of the road.

and yet everyone is either screaming its praises from the mountaintops, or formulating plans to torture and kill it.

get a grip people.

Yeah, something strange is going on with this film, like no-one really bothers to defend stuff like Transformers but this movie seems to have roughly equal numbers of intelligent and eloquent people both defending it and rubbishing it. Over on the (normally sensible) Metafilter there's been like 3 threads with over 200 comments about Avatar in the last month. Its definitely winning a lot of people over.

Backson, welcome to watmm, by the way.

did you read the rules yet?

I'm saying that attention is deserved to anything that is #1 in whatever field it's in because it's there for a reason - not just because it caught some niche that everyone clung to (which is a definite aspect). To say something of this caliber which pushes the envelope and almost revolutionizes the industry so much is not quality is just weird, imo. That is all.

:facepalm:

thats what they fucking want you to think dumbass. You're just buying into all the bullshit hype. They want you to think that because it cost so much money, and it made so much money, and that it apparently pushes envelopes and revolutionizes the industry (this is also completely unclear and unfounded) that it IS that good, and worthy of your and everyone else on planet earth's attention. maybe it is that good, maybe it isn't (I haven't seen it), but all indications point to an entertaining visual effects movie that has zero staying power when the next film like it comes along with more impressive effects AND REVOLUTIONIZES THE MOVIE EXPERIENCE!!!!!

*slow clap*

go fuck your mother('s) asshole

I feel provoked about this. A feel like the town is having a parade with hude baloons that have "gaarg is an asshole" written all over them and me with a rifle in my hand.

We could also shut up about music and close all sub-forums. We could also shut up about everything else, as it really doesn't make any sense. You could shut up telling us to shut up. Get it? We just can't.

If you guys haven't seen it yet, don't go if you have high blood pressure!

Man died after watching Avatar - doctor

A 42-year-old Taiwanese man with a history of high blood pressure has died of a stroke likely triggered by over-excitement from watching the blockbuster Avatar in 3D, a doctor says.

The man, identified only by his surname Kuo, started to feel unwell during the screening earlier this month in the northern city of Hsinchu and was taken to hospital.

Mr Kuo, who suffered from hypertension, was unconscious when he arrived at the Nan Men General Hospital and a scan showed that his brain was haemorrhaging, emergency room doctor Peng Chin-chih said today.

"It's likely that the over-excitement from watching the movie triggered his symptoms,'' the doctor said.

Mr Kuo died from the brain haemorrhage, and the China Times newspaper said it was the first death linked to watching James Cameron's science-fiction epic Avatar.

Film blogging sites have reported complaints of headaches, dizziness, nausea and blurry eyesight from viewers of Avatar and other movies rich in 3D imagery.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/movies/man-died-after-watching-avatar/story-e6frfmvr-1225821333043

Archived