IGNORED

four lions

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

I've attempted to listen to On The Hour about 5 times now since I got a copy of it along with the Blue Jam series' from someone on CaB about 10 years ago, and I've never got past the second episode. It's weird because retrospectively I seem to remember enjoying it but there must be a reason why I've never listened to the rest of the eps....

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lukewarm? I can't even pick up a vibe from that review. It's vague as fuck.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought that :lol:

lol Lukewarm? the review doesn't make up its mind one bit!

• 1 month later...

Grips chair for the side-splitting Daily Mail furore headlines.

It's had some pretty good reviews so really looking forward to this ! (not sure about the singing in van bit, is that an obligatory action for English comedies nowadays)

i like the van scene.

the shaking head bit made me lol. good lol/per second ratio to the trailer

• 1 month later...

Morris does it again. I can actually understand why the relatives of 7/7 victims have (apparently) spoke out against it. The final half hour is pretty brutal, although it manages to also be relevent, satirical as well as side-splittingly funny throughout. Superb acting and a blinding script, this is a must-see.

fucking mini babybels

I really want to see it but I doubt it'll get a North American release.

yeah when can we see this? they just missed the international film festival here so when are they gonna come show it?

Guest Dirty Protest

This'll be playing at Sydney International Film Festival and Morris should be there for a session afterwards, should be funz

My friend thanks you. He moved to Sydney a couple of months ago and was getting worried about missing this.

Went to see it earlier and apart from the fuck mini babybells, is the honey monster a bear and a couple of other laugh out loud moments, this really isnt a comedy. About half way through the movie I just started feeling really sorry for them, and its all the better for its sincerity.

Guest esquimaw

I saw it on sunday. Really hilarious in parts, pretty horrific in others. Definitely worth making the effort to see.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a great film, really well scripted, funny but also insightful ... the bombers are made up of two bullies (of different sorts) and three easily led types, and I guess that must be how it works in practice.

Felt very sorry for poor Fessel

And I like how it balances the ridiculous and the dramatic. The scene where the chap says goodbye to his wife was really well done.

Less Morris-shocking than I thought it would be - which makes sense cos I think he directed rather than wrote it.

"Ey up, y'unbelievin' Kuffar bastards!"

This is a great film, really well scripted, funny but also insightful ... the bombers are made up of two bullies (of different sorts) and three easily led types, and I guess that must be how it works in practice.

Felt very sorry for poor Fessel

And I like how it balances the ridiculous and the dramatic. The scene where the chap says goodbye to his wife was really well done.

Less Morris-shocking than I thought it would be - which makes sense cos I think he directed rather than wrote it.

He did write it, but with another guy whose name I forget. It's basically his idea though.

Archived