IGNORED

IAMAMIWHOAMI

Guest KY

i agree kgw its pretty disgusting

and it shows how 'weird' is becoming popular

things like this are going to be coming out a lot more now

cause producers are starting to realize that people get into it

and the majority of people are gonna find it cool and the hwole world is gonna be hipsters and they are not gonna realize that its all shitty ripoffs of good things like fever ray and animal collective and etc etc

would you mind posting some fever ray clips that sound very similar to the teaser tracks? im interested in actually hearing these things that this artist is ripping off.

the last full length video is a worthless rip though, no question.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Backson

I feel like they are ripping off Fever Ray quite a significant amount. Visually it is all very similar to her live show and videos such as When I Grow Up. Musically it seems like they've borrowed quite of a bit of the overall style as well.

hmm, i don't think so.

very broadly, they are a similar stlye of music, mellow female vocalist synthpop.

fever ray is darker, more synthetic, and dub influenced.

One can only imagine how big Fever Ray must be in Sweden, so yeah this whole thing reeks of opportunism. It's more in the image per se than in the music though. This full track was utter shit, and while I don't even like The Knife, I dig Fever Ray a hell of a lot more than this.

Guest GrandPopPoplock

Yeah , visually...I can see the Fever Ray comparison , but she doesn't really sound like Fever Ray .

The visual style was the main reason why I knew it couldn't be Fever Ray ( why do the same shit over again ? )

Lol you guys are fags. Fever Ray ripoff, who (quoting Maximus mischief) is herself a ripoff? Weird is only now popular? Way to drag a thread out for thirty pages you subject you think is totally hipster and passé.

I respect the people who admit they found this genuinely intriguing. zazen et al know what's up. wattem unite.

listen to vocal effects. clear ripoff. and the overall visual style, basically everything about it just screams 'lets be weird like her!"

fever ray isn't weird though, if you think she is you're kind of a fag

listen to vocal effects. clear ripoff. and the overall visual style, basically everything about it just screams 'lets be weird like her!"

fever ray isn't weird though, if you think she is you're kind of a fag

hmm

KY: what do you think is fever ray a ripoff of?

I thought somebody had said Fever Ray was a ripoff ITT; I was trying to say that chalking up new bands as derivatives of other bands is really easy criticism, and in the case of the thread, it was stupid. Then again, Joanna Lee's music is ultra lame anyway.

Basically thought the fever Ray ripoff and "weird is cool now" discussions were weak sauce.

Basically thought the fever Ray ripoff and "weird is cool now" discussions were weak sauce.

they may be weak sauce but it is ripping off fever rays vocal effect and style.

and the weird is becoming cool thing is something you will see more of as more things like this start to emerge. there is such a thing as 'cool hunters' and they find what people like and they imitate it with their big studios and top hats and money sign eyes. in a time when there is a LOT of good unique original and 'weird' music that is going to be happening a lot more. with cheap ripoffs becoming popular instead of the things they copy.

you dont believe me thats fine but mark my words, mark them well.

Archived