IGNORED

IAMAMIWHOAMI

Guest KY

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I was pretty unamused by the teasers, kinda find it funny that I was the first google master to be 99% sure it was Jonna Lee

I may regret saying this b/c I do my best to avoid judging peoples music in a fierce over exaggerating way, but...

Judging from the music on her myspace, it sounds like if Fionna Apple was the lead singer in a clash cover band that occasionally played original ballads that still sounded like a clash cover band.

If these synthetic atmospheric samples from previous teasers are the direction and overall sound of the album then that's cool. But if it was just to get ppls attention and it's the same ol same ol from their myspace. ...

then ...meh

You guys might have seen this already but over at I HAVE SYNTH in the comments, someone did some twitter detective work and found the following. Pretty revealing, I'd say, though the photos in previous posts are pretty obvious as well. I'd never seen her before but when I saw her normal photo, I felt I immediately recognized her from the videos. Check out the Twitpic for "behind the scenes" of the fetus vid. I'm just surprised no one found these sooner!

Old tweets from @jonnalee

http://twitter.com/JONNALEE/status/2892336413

followed by this Twitpic the next day: http://twitpic.com/c0xq4

Then shortly before the YouTube acct started loading in videos: http://twitter.com/JONNALEE/status/6211511915

I'd like to hear more from her producer Claes Björklund... not sure if he's doing this new stuff but IHAVESYNTH seems to think he's in the "b" video (is that him on the far left in the Jonna Lee band pic?) If anyone finds any of his stuff that is similar to the music in the short iamamiwhoami clips, post it here!

I feel like they are ripping off Fever Ray quite a significant amount. Visually it is all very similar to her live show and videos such as When I Grow Up. Musically it seems like they've borrowed quite of a bit of the overall style as well.

i agree kgw its pretty disgusting

and it shows how 'weird' is becoming popular

things like this are going to be coming out a lot more now

cause producers are starting to realize that people get into it

and the majority of people are gonna find it cool and the hwole world is gonna be hipsters and they are not gonna realize that its all shitty ripoffs of good things like fever ray and animal collective and etc etc

Archived