IGNORED

Scott Pilgrim vs The World

zazen

i hear that edgar wright is making a scott pilgrim movie with michel cera as scott. seems dubious to me. scott pilgrim is great because of the drawings, the story is way too teen oriented and not very deep/interesting. film will suck. quote this when it comes out and sucks please.

[youtubehd]57saocQSQDo[/youtubehd]

I know nothing about the comic, but this looks intriguing

edit: out 13 August 2010

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MICHAEL CERA IS... MICHAEL CERA in.... MICHAEL CERA vs the world

Doesn't look terrible actually. I wonder if having Anne in it is a nod to Arrested Development?

The special effects and fight sequences look really awesome! So much fun! Apart from that it just looks like yet another film in which Michael Cera plays himself. Which is kinda lame but sometimes trailers can be deceiving. Hopefully the film will actually feel more like an Edgar Wright film than the trailer makes it out to be.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

hoping to go see this tonight if my stomach feels better. like Michael Cera and this looks like his best fit since Superbad, rest of the cast is good too, but damn Chris Evans is in every fucking comic book movie coming out these days! after my disappointment in Kick-Ass, hoping this will deliver, reviews are at about 75% so far.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i hear that edgar wright is making a scott pilgrim movie with michel cera as scott. seems dubious to me. scott pilgrim is great because of the drawings, the story is way too teen oriented and not very deep/interesting. film will suck. quote this when it comes out and sucks please.

hahahahahahahaha!!

actually i'm looking forward to seeing this film. i still think the art is the best thing about the scott pilgrim comic but remove that and add edgar wright and we might have a decent film. my only major concern is how fluffy their hair is. in the comic their hair is not fluffy it's awesome.

so i'm not rushing to see it opening weekend but i may see it next weekend

the only reason the comics aren't HUGE is because the cover art is always so bad. wtf is that about?

and i'm not a fanboy of the comic. i don't own it (libabry!) and haven't read them all. i got book1 on a whim and was suprised how great it was.

Finally for once Toronto can actually be Toronto instead of 'Generic American Town 2.0' as seen in every other American movie and TV show

it's ridiculous that you would even mention kick-ass as if you actually saw it anticipating an original film, let alone see it... looked like your traditional plasticized hollywood film from the first teaser, as does this hawk shite, and it's not even rated R...

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

looks can be deceiving, I wasn't sure what to think from the trailers but after looking into it more, watching interviews, learning about the source material and the genuine love they put into this I'm pretty confident that I will have a lot of fun watching this flick.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Let me google that for you

"Scott Pilgrim is a graphic novel series by Bryan Lee O'Malley, consisting of six digest size black-and-white volumes, released between August 18, 2004, and July 20, 2010; all are published by Portland-based independent comic book publisher Oni Press. The name "Scott Pilgrim" originates from a song by the all-girl, Halifax, Nova Scotia, '90s band Plumtree. The name "Scott Pilgrim" came from a mix of the names Scott Ingram, a chartered accountant in Toronto for indie rock bands and Philip Pilgrim, a Nova Scotian music producer."

Let me google that for you

"Scott Pilgrim is a graphic novel series by Bryan Lee O'Malley, consisting of six digest size black-and-white volumes, released between August 18, 2004, and July 20, 2010; all are published by Portland-based independent comic book publisher Oni Press. The name "Scott Pilgrim" originates from a song by the all-girl, Halifax, Nova Scotia, '90s band Plumtree. The name "Scott Pilgrim" came from a mix of the names Scott Ingram, a chartered accountant in Toronto for indie rock bands and Philip Pilgrim, a Nova Scotian music producer."

Sorry for not being a nerd.

Archived