IGNORED

Scott Pilgrim vs The World

zazen

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

lol yeh its pretty advanced uber technical nerdy business googling a simple question you manly incompetent testosterone fueled ladies man of coolness and unnerdliness

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol yeh its pretty advanced uber technical nerdy business googling a simple question you manly incompetent testosterone fueled ladies man of coolness and unnerdliness

lol

this does not interest me... that being said, i'll now stay out of this thread.

lottery ticket... now that's a movie i'd like to see!

Guest no carrier

lottery ticket... now that's a movie i'd like to see!

it's going to push black people forward three whole steps just like "who's your caddy?" did

Guest underscore

so much rage on these forums

Did you get raped in the last month or two? You seemed to be getting progressive narky.

Lighten up fag

lol I have definitely been in about in as relaxed of a mindset as I could possibly the last few weeks for a lot of reasons, I'm doing good. Your interpretation's of my tom foolery, jokes and pranks in jest could possibly use some relaxer up that nappy ass nigger head over yours though. I forgive you for being a short sighted insecure dim wit don't worry, its all good.

Saw this over the weekend - as always, there will be a difference in opinion, but I thought it rocked. Hard.

Not what I was expecting necessarily, especially during the first thirty minutes or so. The pacing felt a little slow, and I was wondering how they were possibly going to cover the ground that needed to be covered by the end. Then, after the first thirty, things just seemed to accelerate and become more bizarre and dream/video game logic-y up until the end. Very absurdist, which I was not expecting at all (sort of magical realism in the way the characters react to the oddities going on around them).

I can honestly say that I don't think I've ever seen a film quite like it. It uses a lot of conventions from other genres, but still seems to be wholly unique. Especially surprising from Wright who's other movies I've loved (Sean of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Spaced (i know it's a tv show fuck off)) but for which I didn't feel he broke any ground from a directorial standpoint.

It's a fucking shame that the Expendables (which I am planning to go see this weekend for the fuck of it so whatever) trounced this movie at the box office. I encourage everyone to go see it as it's entertaining, funny, bizarre, and deserves support just so more of these sorts of genre bending films can be made.

Guest Deep Fried Everything

yup, saw this last night with my gf at her request, i wasn't looking forward to it initially but i liked it a lot more than i was actually expecting! the style was a little jarring at first, splicing in all sorts of comic-book types of animation and quick cuts between lots of different timespaces (dreams, reality, etc), but after about half an hour it all started to come together. i esp. liked the vegan dude! quite funny.

Guest skabio

I watched this to catch the Bek jams in action. Turned out to be a decent movie. I enjoyed a lot of the gaming references.

lol... funny but I'm pretty sure the audience composing of me and me watching this show for free in a few weeks when the R5 comes out will be entirely made of win

Saw it. Rocked. Really fun to watch.

Read the comic which rocked as well, although in a different way. It sucks that Ramona is pretty much a huge bitch the whole movie, which is not the case in the comic.

Archived