IGNORED

All You Ever Wanted To Know About The Lifetime Members Forum

Joyrex

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

make an effort here and unban all the people who were banned for this mess in the first place.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would gladly sell WATMM, my record collection, and 10 years worth of articles, data, images, sound files, etc. for 10,000USD. Not that anyone in their right mind would buy it from me for that much.

There are some crazy, rich afx fans(didn't some kid buy Richard out to DJ at his party once in the last few years?). The tracks from the unreleased DAT are pretty appealing, if someone with a lot of money wanted to hear those tracks they might pay you that much. This fucking atari bootleg video game just auctioned for $30,000 http://kotaku.com/5514946/old-game-sells-for-over-30000 . I could see it happening.

I would gladly sell WATMM, my record collection, and 10 years worth of articles, data, images, sound files, etc. for 10,000USD. Not that anyone in their right mind would buy it from me for that much.

There are some crazy, rich afx fans(didn't some kid buy Richard out to DJ at his party once in the last few years?). The tracks from the unreleased DAT are pretty appealing, if someone with a lot of money wanted to hear those tracks they might pay you that much. This fucking atari bootleg video game just auctioned for $30,000 http://kotaku.com/5514946/old-game-sells-for-over-30000 . I could see it happening.

LoL

I actually thought the same... I can't afford it, but some of the posters here seem to be pretty well off, and damn I think the records alone would be worth it, I mean I bet Joyrex has most of the classics from the watmm roster on vinyl. I need to get those eventually.

Guest abusivegeorge

LOL @ me, thought I better remove that for it's brutal fucking honesty. That apparently doesn't go down too well here.

I don't think trying to push Joyrex in the bad guy corner is a good thing

what should he have done instead of lying when paying members demand access to the LTM forum but do not fit in there?

Guest abusivegeorge

what should he have done instead of lying when paying members demand access to the LTM forum but do not fit in there?

That didn't really happen. The whole scenario was does it exist/doesn't it exist and no one outside of the LTM (except me) really knew/had proof (well until now obviously, looks like somebody else found the same forum flaw I did).

The whole "I've paid a subscription fee/made a donation, I should get LTM" has only just cropped up now that people know it definetly exists. What happenned in the past was that people had stumbled across it before, accidentally and its existence was denied, quite bluntly. So only NOW are people arguing that they made a donation or bought a subscription package but are not among the elite LTM.

I don't think there's ever been a case of "I've paid a subscription fee now I want LTM" because until now, no one had proof of, or knew for definite, it's existence.

I don't think there's ever been a case of "I've paid a subscription fee now I want LTM" because until now, no one had proof of, or knew for definite, it's existence.

that was Joyrex argument last time when the discussion was about it being deleted

Guest Lady kakapo

That didn't really happen. The whole scenario was does it exist/doesn't it exist and no one outside of the LTM (except me) really knew/had proof (well until now obviously, looks like somebody else found the same forum flaw I did).

Ignoring the fact that you are being disingenuous, there were other people who had proof, and who have had proof for quite a while, but they kept schtum for various reasons.

I think there is a distinction to be made between understanding both the arguments for and against the LTM forum, and those who have a vested interest in maintaining a certain position. You may not agree with the argument, or believe that counter arguments hold greater weight, or simply that the argument is inconsequential. But a lot of people seem to have problems getting their head around both sides. But then that's the internet for you.

I believe it was kakapo who originally brought up the issue of donations. He did not demand access, but simply pointed out that if you ask for donations for server costs for a forum, you should be transparent about the nature of the forum.

Also, unsuccessful nomination threads should be made public.

Ignoring the fact that you are being disingenuous, there were other people who had proof, and who have had proof for quite a while, but they kept schtum for various reasons.

I think there is a distinction to be made between understanding both the arguments for and against the LTM forum, and those who have a vested interest in maintaining a certain position. You may not agree with the argument, or believe that counter arguments hold greater weight, or simply that the argument is inconsequential. But a lot of people seem to have problems getting their head around both sides. But then that's the internet for you.

I believe it was kakapo who originally brought up the issue of donations. He did not demand access, but simply pointed out that if you ask for donations for server costs for a forum, you should be transparent about the nature of the forum.

I only like the idea of a closed vip forum itself which does not come from disingenuous motives but from my experiences on other forums with similar setups

Guest Lady kakapo

I only like the idea a closed vip forum itself which does not come from disingenuous motives but from my experiences on other forums with similar setups

Sorry, should have been clearer, the disingenuous comment was directed at george.

I for one am ok with there being a subforum for members who want to get away from the madness of genban and the like. I've been here a little over a year and see that it is crazy every once in a while, but that's what makes this forum so good, the intelligent and the stupid.

What I don't agree with is dangling it in front of our faces, at the TOP of the subforum list. If we all know it's there, there is no point in showing it. Keep it hidden.

Hopefully one day I will become LTM and talk about my family meeting Aphex Twin at the secret WATMM convention (I kid, I kid :pbbt:).

I'm one of the few that approve of the secret ltm subforum and with the fact that Joyrex can ban as he wishes. It's his place and normal members better behave. I'm serious on this. This is just one of those moments when democracy fails (or would fail). If you want something done properly and keep it kinda clean you must put restrictions on it. Works the same with art too. I'll never be a ltm but keeping in mind that some are who also work together in a good way makes it all kinda proper.

Imagine if you liked going into a great club with lots of different people, some great and some hipsterishly stupid and there would be a place in there where you could anly hang out with your good company - wouldn't you prefer that? You'd still check out what's going on on general (banter lol) but you'd have a place of refuge. I think this is what it's all about.

Of course if I was a good poster here and music maker and here for like 5,6 years I'd totally want to be in the club. But I'm not and it doesn't bother me.

Archived