IGNORED

The Corporation

SR4

hey, keep in mind some of us here have to watch our blood pressure!

seriously though, I'm going to stick my head in the sand on this one, I don't need to be reminded of how wealth and power are continuing to be concentrated in the hands of the very few. China is insane in this regard. A govt official recently responded to the outcry over rising housing prices here by saying "what does it matter to you if the cost of a home has doubled in the past year? Either way, you wouldn't be able to afford it." :emotawesomepm9:

China's Market Authoritarianism is the neo-con's wet dream. Dick Cheney would die of priapism if he could exert that kind of control over Americans.

I hate to be the fucker doing this, but corporations have done some good you know. For example...the computer that every single one of you is typing your fervent reponses to this post on? You don't get it this powerful for this cheap without capitalism and corporations.

Corporate personhood, fucked (especially since it originally came not from a supreme court decision or anything but rather from the passing remarks of a judge which were noted by a court reporter in the official court record) and it should be revoked, especially since it is a very selective form of personhood, as in the corporations seem to have all the benefits of being a person with none of the penalties.

But don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

It's all our job to get used to not having things like computers. Computers are things they've gotten us used to having because there are so many "cool" things you can do with computers, other than it being a tool they make us do work at home on. It's like giving a kid a hammer and saying "look you can crush rocks with it, it's fun" The telling the kid "now crush 1000 rocks for me and don't come home till it's done"

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i also work a minimum wage job, so yes, like i said, i participate in the system, but am in no way a capitalist or "enterprising".

i find it hilarious you're turning slacking into a moral virtue.

"I'm gonna fight the power by having no ambition whatsoever, and going nowhere with my life - that'll teach 'em!"

seriously though, I'm going to stick my head in the sand on this one, I don't need to be reminded of how wealth and power are continuing to be concentrated in the hands of the very few. China is insane in this regard. A govt official recently responded to the outcry over rising housing prices here by saying "what does it matter to you if the cost of a home has doubled in the past year? Either way, you wouldn't be able to afford it." :emotawesomepm9:

China's Market Authoritarianism is the neo-con's wet dream. Dick Cheney would die of priapism if he could exert that kind of control over Americans.

I hate to be the fucker doing this, but corporations have done some good you know. For example...the computer that every single one of you is typing your fervent reponses to this post on? You don't get it this powerful for this cheap without capitalism and corporations.

Corporate personhood, fucked (especially since it originally came not from a supreme court decision or anything but rather from the passing remarks of a judge which were noted by a court reporter in the official court record) and it should be revoked, especially since it is a very selective form of personhood, as in the corporations seem to have all the benefits of being a person with none of the penalties.

It's all our job to get used to not having things like computers. Computers are things they've gotten us used to having because there are so many "cool" things you can do with computers, other than it being a tool they make us do work at home on. It's like giving a kid a hammer and saying "look you can crush rocks with it, it's fun" The telling the kid "now crush 1000 rocks for me and don't come home till it's done"

That's some terrible logic, and a shitty analogy to boot. Come back when you have a real argument.

i also work a minimum wage job, so yes, like i said, i participate in the system, but am in no way a capitalist or "enterprising".

"I'm gonna fight the power by having no ambition whatsoever, and going nowhere with my life - that'll teach 'em!"

I find it hilarious that he chooses to participate in the system at minimum wage. Go on welfare until you have your commune set up.

That's some terrible logic, and a shitty analogy to boot. Come back when you have a real argument.

I find it hilarious that he chooses to participate in the system at minimum wage. Go on welfare until you have your commune set up.

thanks, i'm trying. my only true job is to spread love, light, and joy to others. i couldn't give two fucks about my wage, and as long as i'm revered as a trustworthy fellow, i'm fulfilling my role very adeptly. exposing and subverting "the man" comes second, notice i have laid off on the openly anti-capitalist sentiments quite substantially out of the realization of the futility inherit in the many implications of such tirades.

I'm not sure exactly why, but reading that your "only true job is to spread love, light, and joy to others" actually irritates me. If that's your true job, shouldn't you be volunteering at a homeless shelter or something, and not wasting time in a General Banter forum talking about how you're doing your job so well?

Impotenwhitecapitalist > chengod

Watched Zeitgeist a few days ago and am now halfway through Addendum. He definetely touches on some interesting subjects, alebit biased andto verify everything hereyou'd really have to pause it every 5 seconds and do research.

Something I noticed in both films: In Zeitgeist there is the recurring image of 2 detuned televisions overlapping each other, it's repeated constantly between scenes. In Addendum there is a similari recurring image of two white lines on the right side ofthe screen and one on the left, sort of flickering. I wondered if these were some kind of subliminal messaging or tool of hypnosis, just a thought.

Very interesting documentaries at any rate

i agree. working a minimum-wage job is virtually guaranteed to further the agenda of the corporations you hate so much. think about it - this is your unique expertise, rewarded at a rate your employer lobbies to reduce. you are the cheapest labor money can buy and you're part of the machine that makes it cheaper.

if you want to change the world, i propose you make money by helping people you support. in an economy as large and specialized as ours, it's not productive to fight against the idea of shared currency. you might as well survive by providing value for people whose agendas you agree with.

It was made in 2003. Just because it's not right now doesn't mean that the historical events that the documentary covers are any less true. And if anything, corporatism is only getting worse.

i remember watching this in the cinema with my brother. It was really funny to watch not a few members of the audience get up part way through the movie mumbling complaints. I don't think they realised that it was going to be a political documentary, and if they did i don't think that they were ready to accept it's message.

stupd fukrz

Impotenwhitecapitalist > chengod

how do you figure that? He's the one participating in the system he doesn't want to perpetuate. And what's worse, he's doing it for the kind of shit money that corporations thrive on.

I notice you still use the tool you said we're supposed to try and do without. Why don't you practice what you preach and get used to doing without it?

Yes that's fine, but I notice you're not railing on about the evils of capitalism, whilst participating in the system.

wuh ?? should i be, i think you kids should know my position on 'the system' by now. I started writing a long arsed post to yet again defend it. But fuck that, i'm not getting drawn into another 20 page time waster.

dude, he's saying that you're ok.

i know, but we won't get an argument started that way will we. ;-] :whistling: + i wanted to explain why i've avoided these types of threads for the past ages. Sorry if it came off as a bit panicky.

was very stressful to me i avoid seeing it until a teacher showed it and i was really embarrassed that people saw me cry in class and i felt really devastated on life for 2 days after at least

Remember that post i made about the Woerth/Bettencourt case ?

Probably not.

Well, woerth, current "Work minister" has some problems since we're gradually discovering through newspapers he's illegally financed sarkozy's campaign.

Well this guy were in charge of a metalurgic group's mass redundancy around a year ago or so. (he was the one that were supposed to give the final go-ahead).

And he gave it (the company move to china or something).

Now it appears that woerth's counsellor was also working as a councellor for this metalurgic group at this period of time.

Archived