IGNORED

Kettel Appreciation Thread

karmakramer

kettel-myam_james_part1.jpeg

This album is really great. Any info on when we might get a new album? Myam James Part 2 was also quite good, but I haven't come to appreciate it as much as the first part.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest disparaissant

i randomly put on both myam james albums the other day and i cannot help but agree. top notch stuff, that!

Guest arbee

yeah earlier kettel is great fun. my dogan especially. I love that one too:

R-150-368271-1144978688.jpeg

('through friendly water' or something...)

• 8 months later...

Good thread. I've been being slayed by Kettel lately as well. It's so hard to find copies of most of his work though! Hard copies, that is. It's a real bummer.

Kettel did an album with the Funckens? Holy shit, I had no idea! That sounds amazing…

Guest placidburp

I did a gig a few years back that Kettel played at too. He dances like an old man, but his music is amazing....really amazing!

I can't get into Kettel for some reason. Really nice melodies but it doesn't have much... I dunno... meat to it? Sounds a bit too clean. Some really good tunes though.

I just recently got into Kettel tanks to another fantastic, long xxx post in some other board... I have to say, it's good stuff and I plan on buying all of it soon.

Kettel was my first foray into "IDM" and I was absolutely in love with Myam James Part 1 when I first heard it. Some amazing melodic moments on there. The follow up wasn't quite as good. But there was a time when I listened to nothing else for about a month. Not the same now though.

You can get some of his albums on his label site Sending Orbs.

Guest Individ

Kettel is easily in my top 5 fav electronic artists! He is a musical/melodic genius imo :music:

And I know a lot of you didn't like Myam James 2 as much as the first, but for me it's hard to choose. All I know is I blew the biggest load upon first hearing this:

Kettel - Kitana

ps: I tried and cannot for the life of me embed a youtube video. Anyone wanna help a noob? :D

I just recently heard about Kettel in another thread here, and I've been listening to My Dogan over and over. I know that I really like an artist when I feel like I need to soak up every bit of an album before I move on to any of their other work.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Calx Sherbet

I can't get into Kettel for some reason. Really nice melodies but it doesn't have much... I dunno... meat to it? Sounds a bit too clean. Some really good tunes though.

it's just mostly about the music being pretty, which he excels at

and actually, i think everything he's released is great. this is a really nice gem if you can find it.

and can't even get over how good this is

Archived