IGNORED

Kettel Appreciation Thread

karmakramer

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

Yeah Kettel is great.

I discovered him via Last.Fm on my iPod (after dialling up Arovane)

Discoverd a lot of other cool stuff that way too.

Or maybe I should have just paid more attention to the threads here

Guest Coalbucket PI

I couldn't quite get into Myam James pt2 as well, it's a bit sprawling and I don't tend to make it the whole way through without skipping something.

There's some older track from a split EP I think called Antique Summer Hideout which I think is really bloody nice, I probably have ranted about it before

• 5 months later...
Guest murphythecat8

This stuff is just brilliant

I seems to be in minority here but I dont like myam james part 2 at all. kettel is probably my favorite aside aphex but his last album just isnt up to what he have done.

The more and more I listen to kettel the more I think hes the most underrated out there. Theres a minimalist approach that really gets me into a sentimental state. The songs grow and grow until it blooms. I dont know but kettel really is touching a string for me!

Songs like crenelated are stellar and makes me think of aphex twin.

I dig enourmously his first record Dreim.

for me this do it for me as a masterpiece:

Guest murphythecat8

I say it everytime this thread comes around but I'll say it as many times as I have to. He is in the top 5 most cherished electronics artists for me. "My Dogan" is easily in the top 10 best electronic albums I know of--certainly comparable to RDJ album...shit, maybe better in some respects. I haven't heard as much out of him lately as I would like.

well I agree with you.

kettel is probably my favorite electronic artist period. I dont understand how come nobody sees his genius. Besides aphex kettel is clearly the best.

I would like to know your top 5...

I wish I could love his music as much as you guys do. I'd like it more if there was some dissonance in there, or something... it's too smooth sailing. Good stuff though, I'm just being weird.

I wish I could love his music as much as you guys do. I'd like it more if there was some dissonance in there, or something... it's too smooth sailing. Good stuff though, I'm just being weird.

try the second link??

i have a record from reimer but i never listen to it anymore :(

it's the ep with the red cover with the flamengo's and shit, i've played it maybe a couple of times so it's still in nice shape, can't remember the name.

who wants to have it?

Guest murphythecat8

well okay try this: The percussion is out of this world imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF15PzR2kpM

the drum n bass is freakin ingenious when you really listen to it.

and this:

I think that you really have to focus on the percussion aspect of kettel. thats what I find really interesting. Once you completely understand the little patterns the melody comes in and makes it for me. But yes its no aphex or squarepusher intensity.

I also dig the deconstruction part of his beats. everything seems to be in place but at the same time totally deconstructed. Theres multiple layers of grooves in his percussion patterns. and also different layers of melodies. I feel its a puzzle sort of. you can jump or relax at the same time:

I personnally much prefer his 5 first years. up until my dogan or through friendly water. after that its getting corny nowadays imo.

Guest murphythecat8

okay i dug it out and it's "Cuddle and then leave"

gay title

gay artwork

who wants it? it's free.

hey id really much appreciate to have that record. You have a pm!

kettel is awesome, one of my favourite artists for sure. it seems like he's had some weight problems though, he used to be really skinny then got super fat and now he's kind of average. maybe he's having health issues or something who knows

okay i dug it out and it's "Cuddle and then leave"

gay title

gay artwork

who wants it? it's free.

hey id really much appreciate to have that record. You have a pm!

i'm not sending it to canada yo

read the fucking rules

Archived