IGNORED

Futurama is Back!!!

Boxing Day

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

yeah and the soundeffects! it seems lower budget in general.

it's incredibly odd viewing. it feels like a different show. a different show with futurama characters + humour. and it provided the lols.

overall i'm happy with the episodes, but yes, deefinitely something odd and bit wrong about them.

i'm sure they'll eventually get a bigger budget once they bring in high ratings. the original reason why it was cancelled was because they had such a high production budget (all that fancy cgi ain't cheap) and disproportionate ratings.

Guest Donkey Rhubarb

Just watched these 2 episodes. Laughed more at the 2nd one than the first. The fact that i still laugh at futurama must be a good thing. Wasn't enough zoidberg for my liking. The animation did look a bit shoddy at times. Overall im glad its back. Id rather watch this than new simpsons.

The first episode made me laugh more in ten minutes than any of the films managed (how is that!?). I'm really glad it's back, I love Futurama :)

Guest Funktion

oh, i was trolling then, who care about the animation lol? why does it matter

anyway, i laughed a few times, but the characters are so stale by now that the amount of repeated jokes starting to crop up is ridiculous, its gone well simpsons

ep1&2 leaked, won't talk too much about them.

ep1 works well as the needed set-up episode. i liked the way it turned out.

ep2 provided many a lol for me, in fact it might be a favorite of the entire series.

the intro theme song has also been redone (contractual stuff?), no more amen break

it's different. but the amen is still there.

i liked ep1 alot, provided the lols. animation was fine

i don't have access to old futurama to compare, but examples where the alleged bad animation is apparent

I could see evidence of budget reduction from:

-much less background activity

-fewer characters (especially one-offs)

-large part of both episodes taking place in simple, static environments as opposed to all over the place like in the past

-less physical action overall than older episodes

-cheap looking special effects (the static red sphere representing Bender overheating)

...makes it feel a bit less immersive, to me.

I didn't notice anything janky about the episodes except for the sex humor shit. As far as I can tell it's more Futurama, and I'm gonna continue watching them.

they were two average futurama episodes. the truly great ones could all be put onto one dvd anyways. I'm looking forward to more!

...makes it feel a bit less immersive, to me.

also..... it's an animated sitcom. how immersive is it supposed to be?

They both had the kind of plotline where you have no idea what's going on until it's explained at the end.

I thought the second one pulled it off better than the first, but I've always been a sucker for Zap.

Guest iamabe

Attack of the Killer App was pretty good but this season doesnt compare to the originals yet IMO.

lol @ fry watching 1 second hypnotoad video.

I personally want less MOM plotlines and more zoidberg / hermes plotlines.

that said I fucking love futurama :)

this one had me lolling. although these references to "current" events never sit well with me. the futurama universe should be rich enough to have their own things used as plots.

Yeah, the new one was pretty good, although maybe a little more scatalogical than I like my Futurama, and the incorporation of current events seems like a deliberate attempt for a show that's been off the radar for years to broadcast its continuing relevance.

Definitely not bad as a single episode. That said, my DVR cut off the last few seconds of Fry's and Leela's tender moment, so I don't know how that resolved.

Fuck you, Time Warner Cable.

I think these have a very different feel than older episodes. I can't quite say what, but i feel like this is a completely different show and it doesn't have the charm of the older stuff.

still some lols, hopefully it'll get better and better.

Archived