IGNORED

Why is it that the majority of people who listen to Electronic music don't know about IDM?

Guest PWSTEAL

one day when you're driving with your friends nonchalantly put pulse demon in the player...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlGh_okr5nI

I am still laughing.

Related: I sent this to a friend and here was his reaction-

10:00:46 PM Me:

10:00:50 PM Me: turn your sound way down

10:00:59 PM Him: YOU TELL ME THIS

10:01:00 PM Hmi: WAY TOO LATE

10:01:01 PM Him: FUCK YOU

10:01:07 PM Text: keeper; ಠ_ಠ: ROFL

10:01:11 PM Him: FUCK

10:01:11 PM Him: YOU

10:01:13 PM Him: GOD DAMMIT

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest disparaissant

it's one of merzbow's worst releases, i mean it's no hannover cloud or stacy q, hi fi sweet leaf.

Guest disparaissant

thas right im name droppin merzbow releases in a thread where i'm decrying elitism WHAT OF IT

The appeal of AFX and other IDM/Warp artists has nothing to do with the technical mastery that went into it... the music is what's important first, you only seek to understand the process after you've come to love/enjoy it. I hate when people make this mistake. When I'm browsing my computer for music to listen to, I am not thinking "which musics is the most technically impressive, thats what I want to listen to!" ... thats absurd. The fact that AFX's catalogue stretches so far across so many different styles is evident that technical mastery has nothing to do with it. I see a lot of the other (shitty) IDM artists (and there's a lot of them) as technical gurus who just want to learn the newest tricks... the problem with these guys is that their process is completely backwards imo. It should all start with wanting to bring something in their head to life... thats how technical innovation occurs. The artists understands what sound they are looking for and then try to achieve this sound through a new process (the tech one).

When I listen to Squarepusher and AFX something clearly sets them a part from the others. Something about it sounds pure and honest. Ever seen a demo reel of something who uses Adobe After Effects or something? A lot of the time, you'll simply see all these different visual effects in these reels. But whats the motivation for achieving these effects? To simply show off your prowess? To show how fucking smart you are? Typically... and for demo reels theirs nothing technically bad about that because its basically used to demonstrate your technical skills for an employer. But if you are creating a piece of music, it really needs to be coming from a personal place. SAW 85/92 sounds very lo-fi, but does that make it worse than Drukqs? Can you really even compare the two?

I guess my point in all this blabbering is that IDM isn't a genre. Its never been a genre. Richard and Tom weren't sitting around trying to create some new revolution in music. They were simply trying to express themselves. It's that simple. And its the main aspect of mainstream music today that kills me. Where are our visionaries? Why doesn't our culture celebrate uniqueness and individuality? Why does everything need to be categorized neatly for our consumption? Are we really that lazy we can't challenge ourselves and explore things as they are and not as they are described?

You are the man Karma!

all i'm sayin is there's a reason my roommate is off enjoying the shit out of iron man 2 and probably listening to pop punk in the car on the way back rather than watching drawing restraint and listening to merzbow. MOST PEOPLE don't like that kind of stuff. people like different things. perception perception perception.

Hey...

What's up?

Do you like watching Baraka and listening to Proem's Socially Inept record....

at the same time...?

I do...

My favourite colour is Red....

Yeah....

I do type like I'm from Britain...

I am more of a Boredoms kind of guy than Merzbow but I do respect Masami Akita as a musician...

That's right...

I know his real name...

by heart...

Word up girl....

I hope you are a really hot chick and not some Carl lookin ass mother fucker jerkin' it to my fine, fine wordsmithery right now....

I have dreams.....

Guest disparaissant

atop i came

like all over

please send a forwarding address for the bill to clean my damn chair

Guest abusivegeorge

Atop and karmakramer are actually eating out, tongue deep, the pussy of watmm right now.

atop i came

like all over

please send a forwarding address for the bill to clean my damn chair

Well well...

When you say you came....

You mean like "Female Pussy Juice Ejaculate Squirting"?

Right?

I sure hope so...

7011 Cooper Ln

Austin Tx 78745

Yeah honey...

I am here....

Forever....

Atop and karmakramer are actually eating out, tongue deep, the pussy of watmm right now.

MMMMM, watmm, where's my bitches at? I want it....

I want it hard....

Yeah Watmm, lick my junk.....

Hard.....

tbh tho i prefer Powaqqatsi its less known

Oh, I gotz all them Qatsi films girl....

Don't you fret...

I got lots of experimental everything....

Up in here.....

Guest disparaissant

i learnt how to bake banana peels and make acid from totse but it never worked. fuckers.

i learnt how to bake banana peels and make acid from totse but it never worked. fuckers.

Hmmmmm, that isn't very sexy....

That's cool....

You make your acid anyway you like....

goddamn its like erotic poetry dont break my heart like everyone else atop

Hahahahehehe!

Guest disparaissant

baby if i'd have known that would be a turn off my 14 year old self never would have done it

Guest abusivegeorge

XXX your last qoute was actually posted by Atop mate. But the qoute tags are wrong :-).

baby if i'd have known that would be a turn off my 14 year old self never would have done it

I always bought the acid, never tried to make it...

Shows you don't give a shit 'bout nothin'....

I like that...

I lick that....

MMMM, yeah.....

Fingers

and

Holes

Fingers

and

Holes

Fingers

and

Holes

Fingers

and

Holes

Fingers

and

Holes

Fingers

and

Holes

Fingers

and

Holes

Fingers

and

Holes

JELLIES!

Fingers

and

Holes

Fingers

and

Holes

Fingers

and

Holes

Fingers

and

Holes.....

That's how I roll.....

Sorry, I like me JELLIES!

and yes thanks folks! we'll be doing every Sunday at 1:00am central standard!!!!!

Fingers

and

Holes

Awwww, I like you so much more after this thread Vamos...

and where is my man Karma...?

Sorry about the derailment!

IDM is the new Jazz, hard to define, but beautiful when made right....and all that :emotawesomepm9:

It may be because Tiesto spends millions of Euros to promote his fucking face

And AFX spends 0 pounds + a bunch of lies and myths to hype his persona (and the only ones that buy into that shit are mentally unstable people)

i have this

20100509_006.jpg

Like, dood, where does that "Untilted" poster hail from?

that's not Boxing Days post, that's my post.

2009-08-23%2015.54.22.jpg

i got it on eBay once

Archived