IGNORED

madlib v. j dilla?

Alzado

66 members have voted

1. 1. who comes correct?

• Madlib
    • J Dilla

Can one of you guys recommend me one Madlib album and one J Dilla album?

It's tough to just recommend albums because they are producers and they produce bits for other people.

If I had to choose full albums they produced,

For Madlib, I'd say... Madvillain or Lootpack - those are the ones i return to so much.

For Dilla - Slum Village - Fantastic vol 1 or.. Pharcyde - Labcabincalifornia

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can one of you guys recommend me one Madlib album and one J Dilla album?

I recommend you wholeassedly my 1h mixes on the subjects

Madlib

Dilla

Keep in mind that's not even close to anthology, i missed some milestones due to technical reasons.

I have my doubts - you chose MJ over Prince. :wink:

Madvilliany is one of the all time great hip hop albums

for "beats only" Madlib i recommend Beat Konducta Movie Scenes vol2

Donuts is cool, i'd like it more if it didn't have that annoying siren noise transitions

Ruff Draft is alright as well.

Madlib's Blue Note album was supremely meh. Kinda made me lose faith in him.

Even if you don't like Shades of Blue (wtf) the sheer mass of great things he's made before and since should restore faith pretty easily I dunno. Have you heard In Search Of Stoney Jackson by Strong Arm Steady or any of the singles with Freddie Gibbs? Oh man.

I think I like Madlib's approach to music more. He just lights up and doesn't discriminate about what's on his turntable, just whether or not he can make it into a beat that bumps.

Madlib's Blue Note album was supremely meh. Kinda made me lose faith in him.

Even if you don't like Shades of Blue (wtf) the sheer mass of great things he's made before and since should restore faith pretty easily I dunno. Have you heard In Search Of Stoney Jackson by Strong Arm Steady or any of the singles with Freddie Gibbs? Oh man.

I think I like Madlib's approach to music more. He just lights up and doesn't discriminate about what's on his turntable, just whether or not he can make it into a beat that bumps.

Alright look I guess I was being a little hyperbolic. I do love Madlib. I just happen to like Dilla like 20% more.

I actually don't like Donuts either if that softens the Shades of Blue blasphemy any. I really don't know why Donuts has become the "go to" Dilla album.

BTW I just this moment learned this exists:

wanks a ton watmm

i checked this dude out and just i-tuned beat konducta vol. 5-6, heavenly bless!

i got that madvillain album he produced a few years ago but i don't get it heh, i like this a lot more :music:

i'll listen 2 so more of him for sure but first i'll let this album sizzel in my brain

Archived