IGNORED

free portal

o00o

Guest EDGEY

edit: related note, is my Logitech MX Revolution going to be ok for FPS stuff like HL2? Or is the wireless unusably laggy? It seems ok for Portal and the casual games I have so far, but. . . yeah, obviously I'm not much of a gamer. I can dust off an old wired intellimouse, but would that just be a step in the wrong direction anyway?

i had an MX Revolution and had it 5 mins before i had to contact Logitech and get them to pickup and refund (i ordered direct from them) - i had major problems with this mouse for gaming, extremely laggy.

i'm now rocking on a Logitech G9x and it's simply awesome. it's wired btw.

in my opinion the intellimouse would have better response time than the MX Revolution, but that's just me.

mx700.jpg

have one of these and love it. it's almost too sensitive.

Razer%2BLachesis.jpg

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what sort of achievements?

well, i haven't looked at any yet other than episode 1, which i'm playing now. unfortunately, since i was in the middle of the game when the update occurred, i have to start it over to get the achievements I would have gotten if i had started playing this a day later, SO, i doubt I'll bother to achieve (metaphor for life too). One I remember is beating episode 1 with only one bullet. you can use the g gun and crowbar but only ONE bullet.

lol, that's like watching one of those infomercials where the simple task of cracking eggs turns into a British Petroleum- level disaster.

edit: I guess Valve needed a large font disclaimer for mac nubs that Portal won't run if you have a hamster wheel for a graphics card.

I never have understood the Steam hate. I've had people go on and on about how it's a piece of shit, but I've had it since its inception and never really had any problems??

I never have understood the Steam hate. I've had people go on and on about how it's a piece of shit, but I've had it since its inception and never really had any problems??

the steam hate is pretty rare, i think; most people i know are cool with steam because it's valve, and valve are relatively pretty awesome - as far as game publishing goes.

plus they pay constant attention to their audience more than any other software house i know - tf2 is CONSTANTLY updated, sometimes due to user-base pressure. HL2 got achievements today, portal got a retcon ending a few weeks ago. valve look after their userbase like no other game publisher i'm aware of

the steam hate is pretty rare, i think; most people i know are cool with steam because it's valve, and valve are relatively pretty awesome - as far as game publishing goes.

plus they pay constant attention to their audience more than any other software house i know - tf2 is CONSTANTLY updated, sometimes due to user-base pressure. HL2 got achievements today, portal got a retcon ending a few weeks ago. valve look after their userbase like no other game publisher i'm aware of

I agree! GORDO does not lol. Plus they're coming out w/ updates for CS:S soon too I heard. Valve ROCKS!

Guest iamabe

I don't understand the hate either, except for the 1 or 2 times when I haven't been able to play a game in offline mode because of some bogus error. But it's worth it for what is basically a very well organized game store that features ridiculous discounts fairly often. Also, automatic patching is the shit.

Steam met with ire at the beginning because it came out in a time when not everyone had internet access, i know i was very hesitant at first. but now i love it.

Steam met with ire at the beginning because it came out in a time when not everyone had internet access

Aye this one, plus those who originally pre-ordered Half Life 2 on Steam found that it took about a billion hours (might've been less than a billion) to decrypt (or whatever it did at the time) as thousands of other people were doing exactly the same thing at the same time thus destroying the servers.

I bought it 2 years after the release date so never had any Steam issues....

Steam met with ire at the beginning because it came out in a time when not everyone had internet access

Aye this one, plus those who originally pre-ordered Half Life 2 on Steam found that it took about a billion hours (might've been less than a billion) to decrypt (or whatever it did at the time) as thousands of other people were doing exactly the same thing at the same time thus destroying the servers.

I bought it 2 years after the release date so never had any Steam issues....

Ya, tbh I was pissed at first. I bought HL2 right when it came out and was stuck downloading/decompressing for hours like everyone else (mind you I was on dial-up at the time, so I figured whatever and just left it to do it's thing). Since the very first days there have been few issues for me though. Maybe once in a while with a big update the servers are down, but even that seems to be a thing of the past.

Archived