IGNORED

Slipknot - Slipknot

Guest A/D

Guest dilbthelame

still to this day the only album i've owned for less than 24 hours. i couldn't get shot of it fast enough, thought it was terrible. wait and bleed is ok though.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i used to play the fuck out of their first album. i love the drum solo in 'only one'. ridiculous stuff.

Volume 3: The Subliminal Verses is their best album.

The last one had too many Nickleback songs and the first two are too whiny now.

yeah, vol.3 is great. i don't mind some parts of the latest album, but the meshuggah ripoff track is just laughable.

I would say the entire Nu-Metal genre is to regular metal as IDM is to regular electronic music.

So IDM is aesthetically- and artistically bankrupt prepackaged teen angst for the mall-going masses?

Guest all_purpose_sandpaper

Iowa is the state were Serial Killers are made.

"Come see my cage , built in my grave"

That would be Milwaukee Wisconsin!

The bassist is sure dead. They guy who assists (protools jr.) their non-com studio outings lives upstairs and a giant warbling rankus is going on up there. Lot's of shouting and excitment.

Not my type of music but I guess I am sad? I would be surprised if that was heroin related.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Nearly everything after Slipknots first album is a disappointment in my opinion, especially there last two albums fucking uninspired but not as bad as Stone Sour lol

the latest album has some really great b-sides, 'child of burning time' and 'til we die'.. too bad the rest of the album isn't like those tracks.

Guest all_purpose_sandpaper

He was arrested for possession of cocaine a year ago (i think)

Yes, for cocaine and weed while propelling a Porsche like W.C. Fields in 'The Bank Dick'.

Not quite sure why my name is mentioned...lol

Never been a fan or anything...saw them at Reading? or maybe it was Glastonbury? dunno. Fun show.

Guest Calx Sherbet

Nearly everything after Slipknots first album is a disappointment in my opinion, especially there last two albums fucking uninspired

i don't think i've ever agreed with you before, but you're right

the masks were completely in context with how bad ass evil their first record was if they kept making music that wicked evil good then they wouldn't have ever seemed cheesy to me

EVERYTHING AFTER THEIR SELF TITLED ALBUM IS FUCKING WEAK (Iowa was just mediocre but a fucking weak follow up compared to their debut LP)

BUT Slipknots first album is fucking amazing if you cant appreciate it and you like heavy music at all you are fucking weird or just don't want to like it cause they wore masks and your still need a night light

again I am not condoning anything after their first album

Archived