IGNORED

Wok

kakapo

I like woks. Great for a quick stir fry and actually pretty good for some thai curries too. I'm no connoisseur, I like non stick rather than faffing about spending years seasoning a traditional steel one. And therein lies the problem. My previous 3 woks have been destroyed by simpleton housemates either using it to cook something totally inappropriate or more likely, using metal implements and scourers on the non stick surface.

So anyway I bought a posh new wok last month and since then a new flatmate has moved in. Nice enough but a bit dim. Came home tonight to find her cooking lentils (lentils) in my new wok, WHILE HITTING IT WITH A FUCKING METAL SPOON. Like literally hitting the bottom of the wok with the spoon cause it made a nice sound or something. Repeatedly. I stared in disbelief and then politely asked her to be careful. Sure enough I've just been to the kitchen to get a glass of water before bed and there it is with a fucking chunk the size of a ten pence peice out the bottom and scratches all over it where a scourer had been used.

What the fuck were you doing you stupid cunting whore? You stupid, stupid irredeemable cunt. The last person who did this turned out to be a rapist and I don't think that's a coincidence. What the fuck is wrong with you people? It's not a fucking difficult concept is it? Use a wooden or plastic spoon you twats. Twats. Twats.

There are people on this forum who use metal implements on non stick coatings. I know there are. I don't think I should name names, but we all know who they are.

There are people on this forum who use metal implements on non stick coatings. I know there are. I don't think I should name names, but we all know who they are.

I can't help it. Craig Anderson. Craig Anderson uses metal implements on non stick coatings. There, I said it. Feel free to name any watmmers you suspect of using metal implements on non stick coatings.

BCM

MB is back. Say what you like about her, but there is no doubt in my mind that Masonic Boom does indeed respect the wok. Woks of all shapes and sizes, she knows exactly what a wok needs. How to get it to the perfect heat, how to handle the wok, and when it's all finished, how to clean the wok.

i love scraping in a little bit of melted teflon to flavor most of my masterpieces. I end up going through pans like crazy but seriously, nothing beats those smoky, acrid undertones in a basil parmesean chorizo omelette au gratin de resistance.

Guest ms-dos

MB is back. Say what you like about her, but there is no doubt in my mind that Masonic Boom does indeed respect the wok. Woks of all shapes and sizes, she knows exactly what a wok needs. How to get it to the perfect heat, how to handle the wok, and when it's all finished, how to clean the wok.

glenn branca taught her how to use one in '87.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I did some research on some teflon chemicals and I can tell you its not very good for you at all, no sir.

I don't currently have a wok but I used to use mine for everything. I have found that scourers are generally okay with teflon as long as metal implements and iron wool are avoided at all costs.

Guest Yegg

My retarded LARPer roommates did the same thing to my $10 non-stick IKEA wok.

I ended up scrubbing off the non-stick surface with steel wool and then seasoning it twice. I have to say, the food tastes better when it comes from a seasoned wok.

Guest EDGEY

Well, beating up your wok is one thing... imagine coming home and finding a bunch of your housemates friends cooking their K in your pyrex... Needless to say, I didn't share my blueberry muffins with them after that. So, I cook muffins. Big whoop. Wanna fight about it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUwwxWdm4k0

Guest uptown devil

My retarded LARPer roommates did the same thing to my $10 non-stick IKEA wok.

I ended up scrubbing off the non-stick surface with steel wool and then seasoning it twice. I have to say, the food tastes better when it comes from a seasoned wok.

so true. my old roommate cooked eggs in and then washed my other roommate's seasoned wok and shit got heated

buy a proper wok and season it you lazy cunt.

edit: use the old wok to beat your flatmate into a vegetative coma.

I'm always amazed watching the dudes in the NYC Chinese restaurants with their massive flames and big metal spoons, tossing and banging away.

Those dudes are the shit and have some serious fucking wok action.

No teflon for those dudes.

I wonder where they get their wokage.

*edit*

I hope you bitched her out more than just "please be careful". She needs to get the point.

Guest Babar

I use plastic kitchenware when using non-stick pans (don't have woks though). I even put sheets of paper towel between each pan when i pile themup in my pan dedicated drawer.

Now i heard there exists stone-based pans. Food doesn't attach to the bottom and you can even use metalic spoons.

here

You can buy seasoned woks/pans/skillets if you are too lazy to season.

I have a nice seasoned skillet but all of my pans and wok are nonstick. I respect the nonstick and use wooden and plastic instruments with them.

Guest EDGEY

I took a wok once; I wokked really fast out of the store with it :emotawesomepm9:

/insert gif of woman drinking here/

Archived