IGNORED

is anyone using the new IP.Board iPhone app?

Guest Coalbucket PI

Guest Coalbucket PI

I'm not sure I like it. When I go on watmm through Safari now it looks the same as in the app. It doesn't show avatars, instead it shows the member photo, the other photo you see when you look at someones profile, which most people haven't bothered with. When I turn it landscape it just zooms in but uses the same dimensions as in portrait so you can basically see less. There is an option to update my status, I don't know what that even is. It seems quite slow too but I can't be sure if thats not just me.

I'm not sure I like it. When I go on watmm through Safari now it looks the same as in the app. It doesn't show avatars, instead it shows the member photo, the other photo you see when you look at someones profile, which most people haven't bothered with. When I turn it landscape it just zooms in but uses the same dimensions as in portrait so you can basically see less. There is an option to update my status, I don't know what that even is. It seems quite slow too but I can't be sure if thats not just me.

my thoughts exactly.

Guest Coalbucket PI

Hopefully. I need watmm on my phone for when I'm pooping and if it stresses me out like this my stools harden and lead to straining

Yeah. I'm on the boat with you guys. There is also still no easy way to post links, images or post/view youtubes either.

Luckily, if you know the codes, you can post things like this... :trashbear:

And you can't edit posts anymore, apparently. :doubletrashbear:

Oh. I see, it tags the new post on the end of your last one.

The App is not provided by us, but by the maker of the board. If you want, you can use the WATMM Mobile Skin (I haven't checked to see how well it weathered the transition to the new forum updated software), as that was generally well-received around here.

I'm still working out all the bugs, so hang tight and if you see something, by all means, let me know via PM so I can address it!

The mobile skin works very well, in fact I think it's better than it was before the latest update.

haven't tried the app out yet, i think this is the only IPBoard based forum I participate in.

Guest Coalbucket PI

The mobile skin was fantastic before. If I go on in safari now, it's identical to the app.

This. I want the old mobile skin back

any idea when the fixed width skin will get fixed?

The IPB Board fixed width skin is now working as it should.

The mobile skin was fantastic before. If I go on in safari now, it's identical to the app.

This. I want the old mobile skin back

Don't use the App; use your device's browser and you should get the Mobile skin.

Guest Coalbucket PI

No I'm not using the app but it looks the same through the browser, I guess they've changed the mobile skin to match the app

No I'm not using the app but it looks the same through the browser, I guess they've changed the mobile skin to match the app

Ah, probably so - before they revamped the Mobile skin, we did have a iPhone skin that everyone liked a lot... I need to check it out again on my son's iTouch to see how well it fared the upgrade.

Ah, probably so - before they revamped the Mobile skin, we did have a iPhone skin that everyone liked a lot... I need to check it out again on my son's iTouch to see how well it fared the upgrade.

that last iphone skin was killer. way better than the current one. i didnt realize how much i relied on avatars to know who's who because now im looking at peoples personal photo thingy?

edit: also the skin skin has major issues with animated gifs

It also drives me nuts that there aren't links to the subforums at the bottom of each page.

Once at the bottom, one has to flick their thumb feverishly for 10 minutes to get back to the top to only go back to the current subforums they are in. WTF? amiright?

Oh. "Back to top". Still. WTF.

Guest Coalbucket PI

If you touch the bar at the top of the screen in safari it scrolls up to the top for you. But yeah a few major annoyances with this skin.

Posting from the toilet.

Archived