IGNORED

Nervous Habits Are IDM

superstix

Guest Masonic Boom

Chewing on my lips. I tend to chew my lips to pieces if I'm not careful.

Also, I have been told that I constantly stick my tongue out when I'm drawing or otherwise concentrating really closely. I didn't believe the person that told me until she managed to snap of photograph when I wasn't aware she was taking one, and I was indeed sticking my tongue out in concentration. Bizarre.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest disparaissant

i finally stopped biting my nails once and for all but only because i pretty much obsessively cut them the moment they get long enough for me to even think about biting them. and i fuck with my hair all the damn time.

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

Almost everything, from nail biting to scratching, murmuring to myself, sweating, trembling, tapping hands on my thighs...you name it.

this, except nail biting

Guest Masonic Boom

Threads like this make me really really wish I had a beard. Beard-stroking dudes seem to get so much mileage out of them.

I've been instinctively stroking my beard, even though it's been missing since December. Which really just means I'm getting oily/unclean hands all over my face at work. :facepalm:

surprised no one mentioned restless foot bouncing. any time i'm in a chair my leg is always vibrating which drives everyone around me absolutely crazy as it shakes the entire floor.

finger/neck/back/leg/toe cracking, nail biting and putting the bitten nail clippings in between my teeth like floss.

I run my fingers through a particular tress of hair repeatedly.

I also do this weird tapping thing with my fingernails against the pad of my thumb while talking in front of a group of people.

surprised no one mentioned restless foot bouncing. any time i'm in a chair my leg is always vibrating which drives everyone around me absolutely crazy as it shakes the entire floor.

Oh yeah, this too.

Guest Coalbucket PI

oh yeah I hate you vibrating foot people, used to sit next to a fat guy in lectures who would make the whole row vibrate and sometimes set up a standing wave that gave me liver cirrhosis (not true)

oh yeah I hate you vibrating foot people, used to sit next to a fat guy in lectures who would make the whole row vibrate and sometimes set up a standing wave that gave me liver cirrhosis (not true)

Lol, did you have another fat guy as the second node?

i do pretty much all these things

foot tapping, finger drumming, finger on thumb drumming, biting inside of lips, etc

i dont bite my nails though thats just weird. i cant stand when my nails are all uneven or rough and they catch on things.

Guest leprechaun

I do the foot bouncing thing too. My worst habit is face picking though. I've had bad skin for a long time and when I'm concentrating on something, I will unconsciously run my fingers over my face and through my hair and scratch off any clogged pores. I've gotten better about not doing this over the years though.

Rubbing my chin when I have a beard or stubble.

when i have beard stubble, i fold down my bottom lip and rub it on my chin.

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

same thing happened to me this semester, a fat girl used to start vibrating everytime the lecturer started proving a difficult theorem.

Guest Calx Sherbet

oh my god, i've had so many painful infections due to this

oh my god, i've had so many painful infections due to this

i don't chew, i pull the dry skin out and sometimes it bleeds, it's the kind of stuff when you suddenly pull the cigarrette out of your mouth and it's sticked to your lips :emotawesomepm9:

Guest disparaissant

oh yah i pick scabs, though i've never actually caught myself doing it consciously. i think i may do that in my sleep. it's grosssss.

Guest theSun

I am finger drumming all the time too. Also drum beats with hands and feet. Although subconsciously, not always welcomed by others.

i haven't been able to stop doing this in 4-5 years

also beard stroking and foot spazzing

Archived