IGNORED

Current Musical Addictions

Joyrex

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Coral recently, their last two albums. People on here might find it a bit soft and pop though. I would usually, but I can't stop listening, they're lush and infectious. The novelty will have worn off by next week, though, no doubt.

Two very different selections for me- A lot of people aren't digging it, but I've been listening to the latest Band of Horses album a lot, particularly love the the track Older.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xLatHZlwQU

I've really been enjoying that album and that song in particular too. My most listened to album so far this year (I've slowed down on it now though). It's weird because I hate country and this is the twangiest thing I've ever loved. I do like twang-tinged indie tracks though, like Marry Song from their second album, for example. This album just took that a bit further.

I've really been enjoying the latest Yeasayer album lately, just got it a few weeks ago. I like this song a lot though now that I've seen the video it sounds a bit cheesier to me. That's why sometimes I prefer not to see band videos, or know what they look like (I know they're in costume for this vid, but still).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m1O5i6oUTI

Guest kelvanE

i had The Radio Dept. - Pet Grief on repeat at summer school for many, many listens.

i love the mood of that record! great with marijuana.

• 2 weeks later...

Sufjan Stevens – John Wayne Gacy, Jr.

Add N to (X) – Machine Is Bored With Love

Holden – C'est Plus Pareil

Burial – Distant Lights

Dead Kennedys - Pull my strings

And of course my #1 toke-theme: Eek-A-Mouse – Ganja Smuggling

Archived