IGNORED

what if boc don't put out another cd at all

splesh

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

god, you all are bitching for no reason. it's only been five years. yeah, ok, that sounds a bit long, but in the context of other albums:

downward spiral to the fragile = 6 years

rdj album to druqks = 5 years

human after all to ??? = 5 years and counting

i mean, i could go on, but i don't feel like googling popular artists and looking for gaps in their discographies. do it yourselves so you can get the reassurance that boc hasn't dropped off the face of the planet.

thanks, bye.

RDJ released Come to Daddy in 1997 and Windowlicker in 1999 in between RDJ album and drukqs. Bad example.

BoC released an ep over 4 years ago. Oh, and a song. All really good though.

Portishead is a better example. 11 years between their self titled and Third. Jesus fuckshitnig. Couldn't care less about NIN though.

thank you for responding to each point i made in precision. your opinion is of great value to me and my continuing studies on the creative cycle of the music artist. i will contact you if i require further analysis.

*Pats head*

Guest voseihn

I, certainly, expect them to release another album. First of all, they're brothers. You can't really assume family is going to infinitely break-up. Second, I don't think they're finished fine-tuning their sound. Campfire Headphase will always sound to me as a work in progress. I can't imagine that they think their intermixing of guitars was as good as it could possibly be. I'm sure they'll surprise sooner or later with some positive news.

• 4 weeks later...

I think I might still manage to drag myself out of bed each day if The Sandisons have squeezed their last few bob out of me. I bought records before BoC existed after all.

Off topic, but I thought Britain started using a decimalized currency, but am I not too late to hear somebody use the phrase "ay-penny" if I ever feel compelled to visit the UK?

Guest Zykial

I think I might still manage to drag myself out of bed each day if The Sandisons have squeezed their last few bob out of me. I bought records before BoC existed after all.

Off topic, but I thought Britain started using a decimalized currency, but am I not too late to hear somebody use the phrase "ay-penny" if I ever feel compelled to visit the UK?

the old folk when talking about the good ol' days will say crazy things like "tuppence" "thrupenny bit" "two shillings and six pence" "one pound note" "ha'penny"

Especially since NIN released "Things Falling Apart EP", "We're in this Together EP", "And All that Could have Been", the "Still" album, plus Trent maintaining a constant feedback with his fans over the years between those two albums.

Oh and they fucking toured The Fragility in over 75 cities. BOC can't even play live.

But again like all WARP artist they must keep some sort of mythical bullshit anonymity.

all of your examples are after the material drought between The Downward Spiral and The Fragile.

the only Nine Inch Nails release to happen between that period was The Perfect Drug (versions), and the original track featured in a cut-up form on the Natural Born Killers soundtrack.

Guest no carrier

As much as it would initially disappoint me, it would make me want to laugh in the faces of all the BoC fanboys/fangirls. And, dare I say it, perhaps I would be justified in doing so? :trashbear:

i'm the case of this unlikely scenario i have only one word: eunuch.

As much as it would initially disappoint me, it would make me want to laugh in the faces of all the BoC fanboys/fangirls. And, dare I say it, perhaps I would be justified in doing so? :trashbear:

i'm the case of this unlikely scenario i have only one word: eunuch.

Guest Fatcaesar

I heard an interview like 2 years ago that they talked about over going their earlier stuff, a few old tunes and old tunes vol 2 who knows? they're getting older now and have their families.

If they don't release anything new that sucks but everything has a limit

A denial is sometimes an admission of truth :emotawesomepm9:

always spicing up the discussion ain't you joy rex? :spiteful:

I'm like the Mrs. Dash of the Internet!

JR, why do you always have to reference some esoteric American popular culture? Remember where yer IDMZ come from!

A denial is sometimes an admission of truth :emotawesomepm9:

always spicing up the discussion ain't you joy rex? :spiteful:

I'm like the Mrs. Dash of the Internet!

JR, why do you always have to reference some esoteric American popular culture? Remember where yer IDMZ come from!

I like the idea of there being some Mrs Dash secret society that tenderizes your bum as part of the initiation ritual.

Also, Old Bay is a superior spice blend.

Guest FlamingoPudding

I think we'll be stuck in this loop where every couple of months someone posts a picture and says "NEW BOC?????" and we all go apeshit, find out its fake, be pissed off, start another "what if boc don't put out another cd at all" thread and repeat for all eternity.

Archived