IGNORED

A song that no one on watmm knows about..

tontonz1

Love the direction this thread is heading in. I'll post shit up when I'm done being a stoned fucker and get my motivation back. For now, cowboy bebop! :rdjgrin:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cuntainer

Love the direction this thread is heading in. I'll post shit up when I'm done being a stoned fucker and get my motivation back. For now, cowboy bebop! :rdjgrin:

you sound like me..

i'm up to episode 5...

Roger Miller (Mission of Burma) has (had?) a little side project, a duo called Binary System. It's Miller on (often heavily prepared) piano/keys with Larry Dersch on percussion. I've only heard their album "From the Epicenter", but I saw them play live and it was fantastic; beautiful, heavy, thundering stuff.

"From the Epicenter" is a little samey throughout, but I still like it quite a bit. Can't really find any samples other than on the amazon page, and they barely register on last.fm, but if you happen to see that album anywhere I think it's worth checking out. Especially if you like the prepared piano bits in drukqs but wanted some additional complexity and heavy percussion on top. Uh, that makes it sound like wank. I don't think it's wank. It's not the best thing ever, but it fills a nice little niche.

edit: i think they had a follow up album that added some fusiony wanky guitar bits, and that one is probably best avoided.

All the 7th Plain stuff is amazing... love that 12" version of Astra-Naut-E for instance.

[youtubehd]vaz13xNdHQw[/youtubehd]

The 4 Cornered Room may be in a class of its own though - it certainly is in terms of the prices it commands.

gantz graf or windowlicker.

fuck knows who made those songs..

i think a lot of people on hear would have heard of the mars volta, they're pretty well known.

dunno if anyone's heard of these or not but..

spk, one of my fav bands, only hearing one song isn't really enough

SPK are great but I prefer Lustmord's solo stuff. SPK sorta became INXS after a while there

yeah the pre-synth pop spk is the best for sure, and i dont know exactly what material lustmord was involved with, but he's great too, black star is a favourite.

but i love the spk albums, information overload unit, leichenschrei, zamia lehmanni and auto de fe

the first few SPK albums are fantastic, similar to chris & cosey they started in a very playful and experimental way and then evolved into something very cliche 80s. Luckily chris & cosey have gone back to being interesting with carter tutti

Guest Z_B_Z

igor wakhevitch is amazing. there was a box set released a while ago that someone burned for me.. my favorite is 'lets start', but theyre all really weird and great.

Dr. Alimantado, although I'm sure some of you know him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwydPVp0iAI

Olho Seco (brazilian punk from the 80s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nonVfQDcBLk

O.L.D. (james Plotkin - some of you will know him from other groups, but this was his first project)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC5ux44Bxog

(their gabber/hardcore release "Hold onto your face" is fucking great, but couldn't find any on youtube)

SNFU - classic Edmonton punk from 1984 I saw them many times in the late 80s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md44wo2Ah-E

Again, not much on youtube...

Archived