IGNORED

All things transfer and rumour related

Guest Alex C

I think the scepticism with him like you mention is he was suited to Leicester's system, which is part-catalyst of why he got 24 league goals. However, I'm hoping he's taking Walcott's place as an aside from Giroud, who by no means would I want to lose.

It was clear before the summer that we needed an upgrade after Welbz permacrocked himself and Walcott going afk. Not the best option out there but probably the most feasible one.

Özil created 19? chances alone last season and with a pace forward like Vardy, I think we'll look a lot more potent upfront.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

transfer market going off - and I'm just talking about the prem, never mind other leagues in Europe.

Auba to City?

Apparently we signed Bailly from Villareal - an honest to goodness CB to pair with Smalling!

West Ham getting Feghouli on a free?

called Benteke's flop at 'pool, v much interested to see who comes in with them, Utd and Citeh, on the flip whether Spurs can hold onto their better assets.

Vardy @ Arsenal? A couple of Gooner ex-colleagues wanted Wenger out this summer and Koeman to come in prior to any signings. If Vardy gets close to last season's tally he'd be an asset anywhere, but surely the only way is down from such a momentous peak.

Kane to Utd for £50million+ ? They can afford it, but perhaps Poch's momentum should keep him for another season at least.

Think Vardy is just driving up the price. That's why he's waiting until after euros to settle. Could backfire spectacularly though.

Koeman is going to Everton.

If we get Ibra we're not going after benteke or Kane.

Think Vardy is just driving up the price. That's why he's waiting until after euros to settle. Could backfire spectacularly though.

He has a release clause.

^ Maybe he meant wages?

Eric Bailly from Villareal to United for £30 Million.

"Analysis - Spanish football expert Andy West

Bailly's reputation has soared this season, which saw him play a key role as Villarreal sealed Champions League qualification, and it's no surprise to see him make a big-money move this summer.

His prime asset is his extremely impressive physical presence, with his powerful aerial ability complimenting his pace and strength in the tackle.

The brave and determined 22-year-old has less than 50 league games under his belt, though, so United fans should perhaps not expect him to immediately become an automatic starter.

He can sometimes concede possession in dangerous areas by making bad decisions, and he doesn't always show composure under pressure, but Bailly possesses all the physical tools and the rest should come with more experience."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36474183

Edited by doublename

be interesting to see who Mourinho starts letting go, could be a minor clear out

Koeman is going to Everton.

aye just Gooners sounding off about wanting an Ajax football brain at the helm, their patience hasnt snapped so much as waned

first time time such tie-dyed Wenger worshipers, who think the board are bottling a transition move & dont see them challenging for a title until he's gone, have gone this far

realpolitik of football in lots of ways

as for Koeman at Everton..... no offense to Toffees but thought he'd be moving up a tier

why can't arsene wenger just spend every last cent of transfer money he has and get a genuinely great striker

I think granit xaka was a great start though, he just looks like he's only going to get better and better

Yes wages, obviously re: Vardy.

A little surprising to see Mourinho sign such a young CB, he must be really impressed with him. I've not seen much of him, the odd match highlights here and there. Wonder if he was injured in their EL match vs the scouse.

We all wonder who Mourinho is going to let go - I really hope he keeps Mata now that Valencia is fit again. I can't see him keeping Fellaini to be honest - especially if we sign Zlatan.

Xhaka will be a wonderful signing for Arsenal, and agree, Wenger should spend a bunch and get a honest to goodness great striker.

Wonder if he was injured in their EL match vs the scouse.

He went off injured in the first leg, looked like a decent player, big and imposing, and seems quite composed for a young centre back too.

Oh that's right. Yeah I think he will be quite decent, I don't expect so much from him this season. It's just his blooding into the prem.

We desperately needed someone physically capable back there, no more of Blind getting manhandled by the likes of Gomis.

Vardy likely to stay at Leicester.

We're apparently close to signing another young forward/winger in Embolo.

Would have loved to have gotten Pjanic, fuck me. Juve's midfield is going to be insanely great.

and apparently Jaap Stam is going to manage Reading. I wonder if he's as intense in management as he was on the pitch....

• 3 weeks later...

Sadio Mane confirmed now, should be a great signing. We were really lacking in pace up front, aside from Origi. At his best he's pretty unplayable, finished off the season very strongly, impressive goal rate for a winger. Not always the most consistent performer, often seemed to have issues with the management (may have been related to his attempts to force a move to United), but this sounds like something that would be amenable to Klopp's magical man management skills.

Do you think Klopp will play him through the middle? He always seemed better there than on the wing, but I can't see him replacing Coutinho/Firminho/Lallana.

He could be a very good pick up for you lot, especially if he ups his consistency. Apparently though, his issues with management go back to his Salzburg days.

Someone over on r/football put together a list of Southampton sales over the past three summers.

Boruc

Clyne - Chambers - Lovren - Shaw

Wanyama - Schneiderlin

Mané - Lallana - Osvaldo

Lambert

That's a fair bit of talent they've sold off.

Don't think he'll play through the middle. Klopp likes to play a single striker, and that'll be Sturridge/Origi/Ings in order of preference you'd think. Coutinho and Firmino are both likely to start, so I think that probably means Mané taking Lallana's spot. Obviously there'll be room to chop and change all that somewhat, and it's a flexible lineup during a game as well.

lambert, boruc, lovren

wow such talent

Lol obviously not those 3, but quite a few of the others.

Looks like we are closing Mkhitaryan. If we get him that would be pretty goddamned exciting.

lambert, boruc, lovren

wow such talent

Looks like we are closing Mkhitaryan. If we get him that would be pretty goddamned exciting.

The end of Mata's time at United presumably?

Also, I think people have been far too critical of Lovren. He was atrocious in his first six months at Liverpool, then he got injured, but since he came back he's mostly been pretty good, not amazing or anything, but very good at times, and usually pretty decent. Interestingly his upturn in form after he came back from injury coincided with the sudden appearance of a goatee, replaced with his evil twin from the the Star Trek Mirror Universe?

lambert, boruc, lovren

wow such talent

The end of Mata's time at United presumably?

I think Mata was gone the moment Mourinho was announced officially. A shame cause Mata can be a creative spark with some good passing. But he definitely doesn't fit into a Mourinho style side-Mata's defensive work rate/tactics just isn't there.

Zlatan and Mkhitaryan confirmed today. Been trying to hide the ol' bonner at work.

Pogba rumours strong today, so that's swelling the lad as well. I'm sure it'll be debunked, but if Mourinho gets Pogba I'll name my next child after him.

hopefully United's recent striker curse will continue with Zlatan, decent chance he's past it. Mkhitaryan at worst will as good as Mata was for United (i.e. slightly disappointing), he's got a bit more pace and directness, more of a goal threat, but might find it hard to adapt to the rigours of PL play, he's not the most physical of players.