IGNORED

All things transfer and rumour related

Guest Alex C

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, Kebe has pace and little else. Nothing to see here.

I'm done with Pardew.

Why does he keep buying second-rated frenchmen?

Nothing against the french but the players hes buying are so average, why didn't he splashed the money to buy M'villa? ugh Newcastle on the way down (probably not because wigan and reading are shit and Aston Villa keep getting shittier and shittier)

Guest Mirezzi

I think because depth is the biggest problem right now. One player of M'Villa's caliber isn't going to make much difference. They've been completely gutted by injuries.

So many January signings can work either way though. It can either rejuvenate a team and provide competition for places... Or it will completely break the spirit of the peripheral players already at the club.

Plus, that's like 10 Frenchmen or something... Did Pardew learn nothing from the national team's meltdown?

Guest Mirezzi

Despite my problems with Pardew, this is a pretty excellent article about the recent influx of Frenchmen.

http://www.football365.com/f365-says/8440672/No-Identity-Crisis-At-Newcastle

I'll add to his article by saying that clubs the size of Newcastle are always going to look to Africa or France or Spain or South America for high quality young talent. Why? Because you can often buy 3 competent "International" footballers for the price of 1 Englishman. Worse yet, that Englishman may be Stewart Downing.

My favorite two bits from this article:

Debuchy + Yanga-Mbiwa + Cabaye + Ben Arfa + Tiote + Cisse = Andy Carroll

Ask Newcastle fans whether they were proud of their squad that contained 11 Englishmen and were relegated in 2008/9, and you will have your answer. Newcastle's business in this window has been hugely impressive, and fans would rather see 11 different nationalities playing Premier League football than 11 Geordies in the Championship.
Edited by The Overlook
Guest Blue Peter Cheat

I think Brodge has a thing for willowy young men.

He wants to get rid of older, hard gnarly looking men and replace them with young, lithe specimens, prancing to his tune. He can dominate them in his breast-zippered body warmer and blame them for all his shortcomings. Like being steamrolled by Oldham Athletic.

Edited by Blue Peter Cheat
Guest Mirezzi

flol. I'll admit that while watching that dreadful Being Liverpool show, I thought Brodge was a creepy and stupid fat fuck. In other words, he's a Liverpudlian wet dream of a manager.

• 3 months later...

The exodus of footballers from Dortmund to Bayern is sickening.

They have certain rule to not sell more than one player a season. I read it from their sporting director. Nuri Sahin, next year Kagawa, this year it was planned to be Lewandowski because of expiring contract, but fucker Goetze killed it. Anyway, Klopp says Lewandowski isn't out. And for Goetze - if they substitute him with Eriksen for less than half a price, they may become stronger, actually. Eriksen is better at passing and some other abilities, so it's Klopp's task to use it smartly.