IGNORED

Nic Cage

Guest Backson

Not enough people mention the Weatherman.

It was marketed as a typical goofy American comedy, but it was nothing like that. Aside from the odd humourous bit it was a glum story of this guys mundane life. It's beautifully shot and Nic Cage acts really well in it.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not enough people mention the Weatherman.

It was marketed as a typical goofy American comedy, but it was nothing like that. Aside from the odd humourous bit it was a glum story of this guys mundane life. It's beautifully shot and Nic Cage acts really well in it.

yea thats one of my favorites

I think there are two Cages - there's "Nic Cage" who shows up for shitty action films, usually overacting (though, it works, because these films DEMAND overacting), and I would include the National Treasure movies in this category (along with Face-off, the Rock, Con-Air, etc).

Then there's "Nicholas Cage" who shows up with some wicked acting chops (Leaving Las Vegas, friggin' Adaptation, Kick Ass, etc), applying subtlety to the performance and, generally, making you wonder who fuck is that other "Nic Cage" guy in all those shitty action movies who looks like he couldn't act his way out of a paper bag.

Maybe they're twins, and Adaptation really was acted by both of them, with Charlie Kauffman's brother being played by the dumber, more actiony, "Nic Cage." Wait. Holy shit. That's so meta.

:head asplodez:

niccageaseveryone.jpg

I watched bad lieutenant and it was literally incredible. The whole movie is just him wandering around in a daze while moaning " ugghhh ooohhh gimme the coke... Oh yeah oh yeah gimme the COOOKE!"

The harvey keitel version is much too powerful for me to watch. The first time i saw it i was with a group of women watching tv flipping channels. It was on at the part where he is talking to the girls in the car, " you ever suck a guys cock? Huh? Come on you ever suck a cock? Yeah come on..." while he plsys with his dengus.

• 3 months later...
niccageaseveryone.jpg

brilliant.

I watched bad lieutenant and it was literally incredible. The whole movie is just him wandering around in a daze while moaning " ugghhh ooohhh gimme the coke... Oh yeah oh yeah gimme the COOOKE!"The harvey keitel version is much too powerful for me to watch. The first time i saw it i was with a group of women watching tv flipping channels. It was on at the part where he is talking to the girls in the car, " you ever suck a guys cock? Huh? Come on you ever suck a cock? Yeah come on..." while he plsys with his dengus.

Pretty much how I felt... I saw the two films on the same day, and found it pretty hard to watch the old harvey keitel film. All the imagery in that film was so over the top, no subtlety what so ever...

Nicolas Cage is gold, his shitty overacted films are just as enjoyable as his more well received films.

and heres that interview about his shroom session with his cat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcnXGLAeWuM

Yes he's awesome in Wild At Heart. "This here snakeskin jacket is a symbol of individuality and my belief in personal freedom."

Matchstick Men, also.

He sure loves money, though. Doesn't he own islands or something?

Archived