IGNORED

louis ck

gritbox

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

holy crap the ricky gervais doctor thing on louie was amazing, i haven't laughed that much in a while

Pretty sure at this point people who are into Ricky Gervais aren't British...

is that an attempt to portray the population of the UK having superior taste to americans or a parody of a snooty british person?

holy crap the ricky gervais doctor thing on louie was amazing, i haven't laughed that much in a while

Pretty sure at this point people who are into Ricky Gervais aren't British...

is that an attempt to portray the population of the UK having superior taste to americans or a parody of a snooty british person?

No not at all. I don't know a single British person who doesn't find him incredibly annoying and played out at this point is all. Americans seem to really love him, I don't get it is all.

Didn't mean to sound shitty. His being in Louie was cringeworthy for me, though not as much as seeing him on Funny People with CK, Chris Rock and Seinfeld.

him on Funny People with CK, Chris Rock and Seinfeld.

:huh: what?

Think I got the name wrong. Talking Funny.. That sounds right.

Guest Mirezzi

Let me make it simple: it will be on in 2.5 hours from the time of this post.

Are you really in Portugal?

i'm having a hard time finding what time is it over there.

on fx it says "All other program times are Eastern and Pacific" :wtf:

aren't those 2 different time zones?!?!

over here it's 1:05...

Because there's a 3 hour lag between Eastern and Pacific, the ratings would suck if everything was on, simultaneously, at 5pm PT and 8pm ET. So they'll separate the daily broadcast, basically, and show it for eastern audiences at 8pm (or whatever) ET. 3 hours later, it's 8pm PT, and pacific audiences will be able to tune in.

That's all it means.

Because there's a 3 hour lag between Eastern and Pacific, the ratings would suck if everything was on, simultaneously, at 5pm PT and 8pm ET. So they'll separate the daily broadcast, basically, and show it for eastern audiences at 8pm (or whatever) ET. 3 hours later, it's 8pm PT, and pacific audiences will be able to tune in.

That's all it means.

so, the first time it plays is at "10:30 pm eastern time" am i right???

That's all it means.

so, the first time it plays is at "10:30 pm eastern time" am i right???

yep

Guest Mirezzi

I'm on...(wait, what year is it? oh yeah, I'm in Illinois) Central Time, so it starts here in 45 minutes.

WOOHOO!!!!

I've had a crush on Louis C.K. since I saw him on Conan back in the late 90's.

I'm on...(wait, what year is it? oh yeah, I'm in Illinois) Central Time, so it starts here in 45 minutes.

WOOHOO!!!!

i+ve set the forum to central time and it tells me that it is 8:55 right now.

how can it start in half an hour???

Guest Mirezzi

WOOHOO!!!!

You bimbo. It starts in half an hour because it starts, officially, at 10:30 p.m. ET, which is 9:30 p.m. CT.

ENJOY! (I'm drunk.)

WOOHOO!!!!

You bimbo. It starts in half an hour because it starts, officially, at 10:30 p.m. ET, which is 9:30 p.m. CT.

ENJOY! (I'm drunk.)

if i understood correctly it doesn't air at the same time...

"the ratings would suck if everything was on, simultaneously, at 5pm PT and 8pm ET. So they'll separate the daily broadcast, basically, and show it for eastern audiences at 8pm (or whatever) ET. 3 hours later, it's 8pm PT, and pacific audiences will be able to tune in."

WOOHOO!!!!

ENJOY! (I'm drunk.)

if i understood correctly it doesn't air at the same time...

"the ratings would suck if everything was on, simultaneously, at 5pm PT and 8pm ET. So they'll separate the daily broadcast, basically, and show it for eastern audiences at 8pm (or whatever) ET. 3 hours later, it's 8pm PT, and pacific audiences will be able to tune in."

Central time doesn't count. Central time is only an hour behind ET, so there's no reason for it to have a separate programming day. 9:30 Central is the same fucking time relative to you as 10:30 Eastern.

JESUS FUCK JUST FORGET EVERYTHING BUT EASTERN TIME IF YOU'RE NOT IN THE STATES

Archived