IGNORED

louis ck

gritbox

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Touching end to the season. Looking forward to seeing what he does next season.

Louis walking up behind the woman in the club with his hands out had me rolling, as did the reappearance of the doctor, and the extended floor moaning.

'I know you wouldn't want to, I was just hoping maybe you would let me.'

Best moment of the season for me was the stand up bit about saying "Jesus Christ", though...

'It was a really large pumpkin, what was I gonna say?'

'....this is bananas.'

sorry if this has been touched on already but jesus christ if this isn't one of the best looking TV shows ever on television! i just found out they use a red cam which explains part of why the cinematography looks so high quality.

edit: were the two eps including only the gym/ricky gervais & trying to sleep with his friend stories? im not sure if i saw both of the or just one

louie is funny as hell! i was scared cause i detested lucky louie or whatever. dude is funny as hell though.

also, i didn't see lucky louie in canada until this year. i am only watching louie cause i pirated it. go canada.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I'm really surprised how sad I was when the ending of the season finale dawned on me. This show really fucking grew on my feelers despite what I thought before I grew into it, its great no doubt. It's already confirmed for a second season right? I think this show will have a healthy long life.

Guest GrandPopPoplock

I'm just happy Louie got picked up for another season .

The show is really cheap to make ( $200,000 per episode ) so it's not hurting FX at all . If they stick with that budget, it will probable be on for a while.

...hopefully :mellow:

I'm just happy Louie got picked up for another season .

The show is really cheap to make ( $200,000 per episode ) so it's not hurting FX at all . If they stick with that budget, it will probable be on for a while.

...hopefully :mellow:

that's considered cheap ? :unsure: 10,000 per minute..seems kinda expensive for such a show.

Guest GrandPopPoplock

Yeah , it's pretty cheap for tv show . Budgets for shows today are usually a mill ( or more ) per episode , or something around $800,00 per episode .

Louie was originally suppose to air on NBC and the budget was 1 mill for the pilot . Instead , he took it to FX for less censorship .

The $200,000 budget is also split between the production staff and the actors ( yes, even Louis CK ) So yeah...the show is mad cheap lol

So thrilled the show got picked up for another season. I already think it's in the list of greatest sitcoms ever made. Of course, I typically detest sitcoms so that's not saying much.

This show is artistically brilliant, too. The Red has little to do with that, frankly, unless you're just looking to fetishize technology. A lot of thought goes into the production qualities in general.

• 9 months later...

Really REALLY excited for this. The first season of Louie was some of the finest comedy on television. Even when it wasn't funny it was engrossing in some way.

Got a lot of love for Louie CK

soooo excited!!! :pedobear:

lucky louie had its moments...

just watched the 2 and only seasons of Extras from Ricky Gervais and i recomend it to all of you, it's hilarious!!!

holy crap the ricky gervais doctor thing on louie was amazing, i haven't laughed that much in a while

Pretty sure at this point people who are into Ricky Gervais aren't British...

Archived